New Wega or New Astoria

levalencia

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I am about to open a coffee shop in Colombia, one of the employees that will work with me worked at our competitor and she says that Astoria are very nice machines, but I investigated other brands and I found about WEGA.

One supplier told me wega is about 2800 Euros, and other supplier told me Astoria its about 6500 dollars.

Both have good quality and both have local support in my city and warranty, both machines are new.

So whats difference between both? I read in another post they are made by same factory? If so I guess for that price difference one is done with less quality components and can break more often than the other?

I am just trying to save some money

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Not a fan of the top of the range Astoria "plus4you" - unreliable so far and suffering with boiler contamination too. Hot water output of main boiler is cold water heated by steam, very slow output and it would appear the main boiler doesn't refresh itself enough to stay fresh - smelly steam.
Several different models from both brands and they are obviously closely related sharing lots of parts.
A Wega, set up correctly is a capable machine and easy enough to service/repair when needed.
Do some checks on the suppliers, any busy coffee shops/customers that will support their claims?

Last edited: