Fetco CBS 2152

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the Fetco CBS 2152 brewer? We currently use Curtis brewers but have been looking at the Fetcos. I would love to hear positive or horror stories. The one thing I am a bit hesitant about is the brew head. It is attached by magnets and super simple to remove. The Curtis head is screwed on and after a while the heat makes the plastic brittle and when they wipe it down breaks. I am worried about the fetcos magnet design because I know staff member are going to lose them. On to the dispensers...I used Luxus over 20 years ago and liked everything except the price. They seem to have come down in price. Anyone using them?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I won't lie I hate the programing on the XTS. The only good thing that the XTS has done is drop the neutral leg and gone to a 3 wire setup so it seems to make it easier to get one installed out in the boonies. The cascading spray head is a God send for the Extractor and XTS series. Before they had a spray plate that would leak water for half the day after the last brew cycle. There wasn't enough head pressure to push the last remaining water out so it would drip slowly. You are correct in your assumption about the cascading sprayhead, after a couple of years those magnets will get weaker and tend to fall off in the basket. It's the main reason why the cascading spray head is red, if I remember right it used to come in black.

The only thing that has remained constant at Fetco is the TPD15. That Luxus is built like a tank. The LD series in my opinion looks cool but from a tech standpoint are inferior to the TPD. That sensor that is suppose to show you how much coffee you have left will only last a couple of years and at almost $100 for replacement makes even less sense to buy one. Spend more upfront and save later on repair costs.

Honestly I'm moving away from Fetco and Curtis brewers. Even though Bunn has some shortcomings they have a rock solid brewer. The Bunn ICB DV and ICB Twin from a tech standpoint are a blessing to work on. You don't need a manual to work in the programing. The simplistic design makes it easy to work on. Just a few screws that you loosen to remove the front plate and one screw you take out to remove the top plate for complete access to the brewer makes for fast and easy repair.

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Thank you so much for the detailed information! The rep is coming out in a week to talk with me. I understand what you are saying about the bunn being easy to work on. Thing is we are up to 23 stores and I am not doing the work an outside company is. I want what is less likely to break down. I have only had a few boards go out in the 5 years I have been using Curtis. Luckily all stores have 2 brewers in case one breaks. They usually use one just to brew coffee for iced coffee. I programed the fetco in a mater of a couple of minutes..am I missing something? Oh well..I really appreciate your insight!