Help Please: How to Clean Out a La Cimbali Bistro 2's Boiler

cafebabba

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,
new to this forum and was wondering if anyone ever cleaned out the boiler on the bistro2? ive had this machine since new, and closing my cafe 20 years ago. couldn't part with the machine (it made the best espresso) and its just been sitting in the garage covered up. I had an electrician wire it for my old house, but could never get the machine to work correctly. Turns out, the damn electrician ripped me off, and didn't give me the correct power. Anyway, I would love to get this thing back in working order -- if thats possible after such a lengthy time being stored.

Last edited by a moderator:

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
if you're somewhat mechanically inclined, you can do a complete tear down of the machine. remove all the copper lines and everything that attaches to the boiler. then you will need to submerge the entire tank in a descaling solution. clean out all lines. check your machine pump motor for scale as this will likely lock the motor up. you must do meticulous job of cleaning everything. i just did this with a Brasilia machine (2008 model). take lots of pics and notes!