Espresso Machine v.s. Stove Top

SKM

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

I'm new around here, but a long time and avid coffee drinker. My espresso machine is starting to go after many years of service, (proper cleaning and everything) and I was curious about making the switch to a stove top coffee maker. Many friends have told me that stove tops all around taste better than machine coffee, but i'm skeptical. The coffee I frequent is Lavazza espresso and LOR espresso.

Should I make the switch? What are the pros of having a stove top?

Thanks!

SKM

coffeewheel

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I guess if you like, your coffee black , then you might want to use stovetop, however does a stove top give you any creme? I cant remember it is so long since i used a stove top.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
oh, i m a lavazza lover too:coffee:,i think coffee machine is better, 10 Best Home Espresso Machine Reviews ? TOP Choice u can make sure by yourself after reading this article.

Hi Katy2

The espresso machine review article does give some useful information, especially for someone who is just starting out looking for a new machine. It's a good starting place when someone wants to compare machines. The Sweet Maria's website is also a good place to read reviews, too.

I'm curious. Do you get paid for every time someone visits that page, or when someone orders a coffee machine from Amazon?

Rose

katy2

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi Katy2

The espresso machine review article does give some useful information, especially for someone who is just starting out looking for a new machine. It's a good starting place when someone wants to compare machines. The Sweet Maria's website is also a good place to read reviews, too.

I'm curious. Do you get paid for every time someone visits that page, or when someone orders a coffee machine from Amazon?

Rose

i just want to help and give the info i use

coffeewheel

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

I'm new around here, but a long time and avid coffee drinker. My espresso machine is starting to go after many years of service, (proper cleaning and everything) and I was curious about making the switch to a stove top coffee maker. Many friends have told me that stove tops all around taste better than machine coffee, but i'm skeptical. The coffee I frequent is Lavazza espresso and LOR espresso.

Should I make the switch? What are the pros of having a stove top?

Thanks!

SKM
I think, I prefer coffee with creme, and I like that I don't have to wait for the coffee to boil. I wouldn't knock a stovetop coffee back
at any time because I do recall they tasted great! I just wouldn't want to have to use it every day, I would walk away an it would boil over when I wasn't watching or I would forget :images:

kopicoklat

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I think, I prefer coffee with creme, and I like that I don't have to wait for the coffee to boil. I wouldn't knock a stovetop coffee back
at any time because I do recall they tasted great! I just wouldn't want to have to use it every day, I would walk away an it would boil over when I wasn't watching or I would forget :images:
g.png
agreed with you

KaiserJeep

Mar 6, 2016
Silicon Valley, CA
Visit site
There are other considerations as well. Energy efficiency is a prime consideration nowadays, and having a hot machine standing by ready to force steam through coffee grounds, and then foam a container of milk, is just not efficient. I can clean and prepare my ($29 with free shipping) 3-cup Bialetti machine in about 3 minutes, after another 3 minutes of finely grinding the beans by hand, a useful exercise that keeps my arthritic hands in working order.
1.gif

No nonsense about the quantity either - it may be called a 3-cup machine, but it fills a 6.5oz. insulated cup perfectly, and it's the correct single serving for a coffee fanatic. I drink it black and I don't miss the crema.
images

Best of all, just 6 minutes above the smallest gas burner on the stove nets me wonderful "Moka" which tastes BETTER than espresso, but has no crema.