Best espresso / coffee machine for the home?

sippy

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I came across this forum and it is wonderful. Wife and I in the market for a machine and would love some feedback. Budget is pretty open, but would like to keep below $2k.

We would like a superauto ( I believe) - convenience is a big factor. Drink about 1-2 cups of coffee daily. Wife wants to start making latte, etc in the morning. Would def get more use on the weekend as we would do espressos, etc etc. We trialed Jura and loved it. It was sleek, convenient, and easy to clean. Not sure if it made coffee though.

Is there such a machine that does espresso and coffee?

Would love input on what to get and from where. Thank you.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
If you liked the Jura, an option may be to find out if there's a hot water spout and add hot water to the espresso, giving you an Americano. But since that would be making one cup of coffee at a time, would you consider a stand-alone method to brew one cup at a time? Do you actually need one machine to do both?

sippy

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
If you liked the Jura, an option may be to find out if there's a hot water spout and add hot water to the espresso, giving you an Americano. But since that would be making one cup of coffee at a time, would you consider a stand-alone method to brew one cup at a time? Do you actually need one machine to do both?

Americano would work, but I don't think the Jura we tested out had that option. We currently use a stand alone one cup brewer for the coffee and we have no problem continuing this.

Don't need a machine to make espresso AND coffee - but was thinking it would be nice if one machine could do both. Would be happy with a machine that makes awesome espressos, latte, americano, etc. and can use a drip method for coffee.