pitcher heating ,color changing-- how do you think?

ivanfromwingkin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
here I show you this function ,if I make it to milk jug ,you think is good ?

imagine that when you are frothing , do not need to touch ,the jug will tell you .

plz tell me what you think ? nice or useless?

thank you !

Attachments

• QQ??20160119172903.jpg
    QQ??20160119172903.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 255
  • QQ??20160119172858.jpg
    QQ??20160119172858.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 209
  • QQ??20160119172851.jpg
    QQ??20160119172851.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 220

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you using leuco dyes or liquid crystals? If you can hit a phase transition in a liquid crystal at 150-155 °F (milk temp) and calibrate for the lag time between the milk actually hitting that temp, and the phase change...you might have a winner.

ivanfromwingkin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Are you using leuco dyes or liquid crystals? If you can hit a phase transition in a liquid crystal at 150-155 °F (milk temp) and calibrate for the lag time between the milk actually hitting that temp, and the phase change...you might have a winner.
thanks for adivce
we are using leuco dyes ,some kind of paint .
" the milk actually hitting that temp, and the phase change..." that means different color for different temp?? thanks for adivce

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No...that means that I am assuming that if the phase change is targeted at 150-155 °F, then it will occur AFTER the milk reaches that target temperature due to the lag time in the pitcher material reaching that temperature. Liquid crystals do not have the color selection that leuco dyes have, but their responses can be engineered to accurate temperatures. Leuco dyes allow wider range of colors to be used; however, their response temperatures are less accurate.

ivanfromwingkin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
No...that means that I am assuming that if the phase change is targeted at 150-155 °F, then it will occur AFTER the milk reaches that target temperature due to the lag time in the pitcher material reaching that temperature. Liquid crystals do not have the color selection that leuco dyes have, but their responses can be engineered to accurate temperatures. Leuco dyes allow wider range of colors to be used; however, their response temperatures are less accurate.

wow~~~~~~YOU ARE SO PROFESSIONAL !!!!!
the lag time ! I understand now .
that's a very very good suggestion for us !
I will tell our engineer !! thanks a lot !!!

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words, but it is not necessarily an unheard of concept in the world of coffee. Most coffee roasters understand this concept of lag times by experience. When you adjust the burner on a roaster, there is a lag time that results from the drum temperature needing to change before the bean temperature changes...or the rate at which BMT is rising or falling. In any event, there is really no reason worry if you can't pinpoint a phase change to coincide with the milk temp target...just be sure to calibrate for the lag time and make sure the phase change occurs BEFORE not AFTER the milk reaches the target...that way one can allow a few seconds after phase change before pulling the steam.

ivanfromwingkin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
OH~I see~in other words~you think it is not novel at all in nowadays,right? with your suggestions,i know what it is lack of~thank you and i will find a way to make it better ~if you have any other suggestions ,welcome and thanks~

ivanfromwingkin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words, but it is not necessarily an unheard of concept in the world of coffee. Most coffee roasters understand this concept of lag times by experience. When you adjust the burner on a roaster, there is a lag time that results from the drum temperature needing to change before the bean temperature changes...or the rate at which BMT is rising or falling. In any event, there is really no reason worry if you can't pinpoint a phase change to coincide with the milk temp target...just be sure to calibrate for the lag time and make sure the phase change occurs BEFORE not AFTER the milk reaches the target...that way one can allow a few seconds after phase change before pulling the steam.

is it good for new learner?