Cimbali or Astoria?

Mariiiiiie

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I am opening a coffee shop in Peru so the choices of machines are a tad limited :D
I reduced my choices to La Cimbali M27 or the Astoria Tanya.
I worked in the UK and Astoria is very common there, have always been happy with them. I have never tried La Cimbali machines though.
Any thoughts??

Thanks for your help!
Marie

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
once the covers are removed, most commercial espresso machines utilize similar components. if it were me, i would look at both, and visually check which one looks and demonstrates road worthiness. there's not going to be much support in Peru, save for a few technicians. parts will undoubtedly be purchased from U.S. or Europe. i am in Lima, Peru as well doing coffee roasting :) also have an espresso machine that i could demonstrate for you if you like.
you would probably get the most support from this company:
http://www.kaffe.com.pe/new/categorias.php

Last edited:

Mariiiiiie

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Thank you guys! Indeed I am not expecting huge support in Peru, especially high up in the mountains :)
Namballe, I am in Arequipa so I will not be able to take you upon on your offer but thank you very much!

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
Thank you guys! Indeed I am not expecting huge support in Peru, especially high up in the mountains :)
Namballe, I am in Arequipa so I will not be able to take you upon on your offer but thank you very much!
just make sure you have a good quality water softener/filter upstream of the machine. Good luck with your new endeavor!

Last edited: