Rec for metal replacement carafe?

TedMartin

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
We have a delonghi dc414t drip machine. And we have hard slate floors. The glass carafe met the slate today and lost - would like to replace with metal if possible (obvious reasons). I looked on delonghi's website but did not see a metal carafe option - any suggestions on where to look or any recommendations on a replacement? Or do i need to buy a whole new unit to go stainless?

thanks,
ted

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
Welcome to Coffee Forums, TedMartin!

A good place to start might be to search Amazon for "insulated carafe" or "stainless steel carafe." That will yield a multitude of possibilities from which to choose one with dimensions that will work with your coffeemaker. I would think it likely you could find a stainless steel carafe that would work without replacing your machine.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Ted,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

Do you have the user manual? Sometimes the manufacturers include a list of replacement parts at the back of the manuals.

You'll probably be able to find a replacement glass carafe, but it will be a bit more difficult to find a metal insulated one that will fit your machine. If the Delonghi company has recently made coffeemakers that have metal carafes, you may have a chance of finding a metal one that will fit your machine. It will take a bit of detective work.

By any chance, did you keep the lid from the broken glass carafe? You may need it, so you can compare it with the lids for metal ones that you'll be considering, to be sure they're similar.

Good luck in your search.

Rose

TedMartin

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. After some extensive searching online i just ordered an OEM replacement glass carafe for $13.