What size of water tank needed for Mobile Espresso business?

JAVASTOPTROLLEY

Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix,, Arizona
Visit site
Hi, I am new here on the forum but not new to the espresso business. I owned a site built location for a few years. My daughter and I are now starting a new venture called Java Stop Trolley, a mobile espresso business in a refurbished retired trolley. My question for the forum is what size water holding tank would you use in a mobile business? I am used to a site built with unlimited supply of water. I was thinking to start out with either 30 or 40 gallons, but maybe someone out there who already has a mobile espresso business can give me an answer. Thank you in advance. :)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello JavaStop Trolley

Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

While you are waiting for a reply from some of our Forum members......

If you go to the top right corner of your screen, you will see a search box. If you type in the words water tank for mobile, you will get a list of threads where people discussed their mobile businesses. If you look at some of the ones that are for sale, you will see the size water tanks that they have in their setups. Maybe that will give you an idea about what you'll be needing.

Out of curiosity, I looked at one that was for sale, and it listed that it had a 55 gallon water tank.

Rose

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a 30 gal fresh water tank and have never run out of water even doing some really big events. I have had to refill to finish cleaning up but that is not an issue.
In part it will depend upon what your primary sales are going to be. If you are selling a lot of regular brewed coffee you will go through gallons much faster than your espresso drinks (& you won't make as much money ).
Having said that if you have the space and can carry the extra weight get as big of a tank as you can fit in there. You won't have to fill it full each time but the space will be there if you need it.

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a 30 gal fresh water tank and have never run out of water even doing some really big events. I have had to refill to finish cleaning up but that is not an issue.
In part it will depend upon what your primary sales are going to be. If you are selling a lot of regular brewed coffee you will go through gallons much faster than your espresso drinks (& you won't make as much money ).
Having said that if you have the space and can carry the extra weight get as big of a tank as you can fit in there. You won't have to fill it full each time but the space will be there if you need it.
Just remember too that your gray water tank will have to be 25% larger in most places.

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
For a point of reference I did two large events back to back this past weekend and started out with 5 gallons of coffee brewed and the fresh water tank of 30 gallons filled. I finally had to shut down because I ran out of water. It ended up being in the ballpark of a $1000 day.