Which coffee brewing product would you rather purchase?

jbilyeu15

Feb 13, 2016
Boulder, CO
Visit site
Which of the following products would you be most likely to purchase?

Product A: Hourglass pour-over
Hourglass.jpg

- This product minimizes the attention time usually required for a traditional pour over cup of coffee. Instead of the iterated process of pouring water over the grounds, waiting, and then pouring again, this product allows you to let gravity do the work for you. Simply fill one side with the desired amount of water, place grounds within the filter on the other side, set water side on the hot plate, wait for it to come to a boil, and then easily flip the assembly and let the water pour over the grounds via gravity.

Product B: Lever Press
MechanicalAdvantagePress.jpg

- Get the delicious brew of an Aeropress but with the ease of a lever system that adds a mechanical advantage for easy pressing.

Product C: Vertical Hand Grinder
VerticalHandGrinder.jpg

- With this product you get the grind you want without the noise of a traditional electric grinder. In addition, with an opening at the bottom of the grinder, simply place the grinder above your filter or french press and let your grinds fall gracefully in.

So, what is your choice? Product A, product B, or product C?

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
A has potential but I can't see spending money on any of them as they don't look to make my life that much simpler or the coffee that much quicker.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Too late, I just purchased an AeroPress. Have a Hario pour over cone, a siphon pot, a french press. Jury not back yet with the verdict on the AeroPress, but I like the first go-around. Fine grind, lower water temp, used a Starbucks blend as my daughter keeps me well stocked up. Definitely feel that the AeroPress will allow me to release more of the coffee nuances.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
A is a flawed idea, it's a re-envisioning of the Clever, which actually started off as a tea brewer.

B has probably been done, you'd have to research, and it might have some utility if you can work on building Aeropress bars for people.

C has been done. Nothing new.

ReneRTores

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your valuable post. But now i am using Hamilton beach single serve coffee maker. It's control panel as well as display that are programming the brewing time up to 24 hours. It's full pot consists 12 cup glass carafe as well as you can get a 14 oz travel mug as well. Hamilton coffee maker brew and grind coffee perfectly. It has also water sight indicator. I am loving it.

streem26

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
to answer your question, I would choose the B item . very want to buy Hamilton ,there are now discounts It has the auto-brew feature that I require, so I can put my coffee together at bedtime and I will wake to aroma of it brewing. looks great, little afraid issues with display as described on Amazon

Last edited:

Latest posts