50 shots a day espresso machine

wondercitycoffee

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello all!
I have already gotten some excellent advice on this forum so I'm coming back for more.
We are opening a coffee shop in a tiny town in Northeast Oklahoma population around 1400.
I expect to pull no more than 50 shots of espresso a day and need your help with recommendations for the best machine for that usage.
We originally planned on buying the Unic Stella De Caffe 2 group, but are rethinking the decision as a bit of overkill for our market.
We are newbies to the business, so ease of use and reliability are a must.
Comments from owners of shop in similar situations would be greatly appreciated!
Kelly

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
When you make the selection remember that those 50 shots won't be pulled evenly through the day. There is a good chance that you will pull over half of them in a 90 minute time frame from 7:30 to 9:00 or even less. Make sure your machine can handle the turnaround time to keep the water pressure and steam temperature up.
There are a lot of machines that will fit your needs but if you aren't familiar with working on an espresso machine you might want to find a repair person in your area and see what they work on and parts they carry. If you get a cheaper machine and can't get parts or have to pay someone to come a long way to fix it you will eat up whatever you saved very quickly.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
The Unic's are fairly expensive compared to other solutions. First thing you need to do is find out who services machines in your area... you dont want a unsupported machine - its your lifeblood. I would think a Rancilio Class 7 or Nuova Appia 2 may be good options to look at... and probably half the price. BUT AGAIN - check for service.