Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    That was cool. I did not know.
    thanks a lot P.Rose

What if a coffee machine can ROAST, GRIND AND BREW on your counter top? and it also looks very cool doing it?

I was surfing thru youtube and came about a machine that could do that. it is called BONAVERDE COFFEE MAKER ($250-$500 range). and I did some more research on it. Actually, this concept got started by "KICKSTART" since 2013, and raised about $700K at that time, but as I check on their website Bonaverde Coffee, it still says "PREORDER" that means the machine is not yet ready.

Anyway, if this machine can be mass-produced and works perfect at right price range, I guess a lot of companies will not be happy. It will cut off a lot of middle coffee industries.

Well, the concept is great and I can not wait to see how it works out at the end.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=871WLb08s_E
    above is youtube link on this machine. please check it out. Kind of interesting.

IKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-3021551-slide-bonaverde-sketch.pngIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-3021551-slide-bonaverde-sketch-2.jpgIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-3021551-slide-bonaverde-sketch-3.pngIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-3021551-slide-finalearlybird.jpg

That's a very cool machine, except for those who know to let their coffee rest after roasting it. Resting/off-gassing isn't absolutely necessary, but flavors improve markedly when you allow for it.

yes, peter. Absolutely resting roasted beans for couple of days helps to improve flavors (even though until now, I can not really tell it).
    however, when we do cupping (for green bean sales) with customers, we roast the green beans in a sample roaster and then immediately we grind and cup them. in this case, there is no resting time. & cuppers do not seems to mind.

But, it seems like "the resting time for green beans, from two weeks to one month" is more important to the customers.
    they (customers) can detect immediately whether the green beans were rested for certain period or not when they cup.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Alex,

Do are you using a computer with Windows?

If you click on Start, and Run and type charmap you will see a chart of symbols. You then select the symbol you want to use. Click copy and then go to where you want to put the symbol and click paste to insert it.

It worked for me here:

There are several ways to get the Windows character map chart: Here is some more information about it.

Using special characters (Character Map): frequently asked questions - Windows Help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elfQ48Q8CEw

Rose
    I did not know this either Rose! Thanks! Rose knows!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    I did not know this either Rose! Thanks! Rose knows!
    This is just a "drop in the bucket" compared to all of the coffee related things I've learned from you, and Alex, and some of the other people on this Coffee Forum.

Ember coffee cup.
    Are you kidding me? $160 for a coffee mug that has temp control apps on your smart watch and phone.
    Seriously?????!!!!
    Do we really need this much of technology for A COFFEE MUG?

embertech wants us to have an extraordinary experience with a perfectly temp controlled coffee mug.
    Let me know what you think about it.
    BTW, it has not released it yet. they are pre-ordering, hoping that the company will ship in July 2016.

IKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-animation2.gifIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-ksde9mtb2zflru5gn1cv.jpgIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-phjt6rpydf0sm72btym1.jpgIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-vagvlggsyzbcggnzqgei.jpgIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-xlyofpwbk1ql1ned9jtj.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Ember coffee cup.
    Are you kidding me? $160 for a coffee mug that has temp control apps on your smart watch and phone.
    Seriously?????!!!!
    Do we really need this much of technology for A COFFEE MUG?

embertech wants us to have an extraordinary experience with a perfectly temp controlled coffee mug.
    Let me know what you think about it.
    BTW, it has not released it yet. they are pre-ordering, hoping that the company will ship in July 2016.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	animation2.gif 
Views:	122 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	5861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ksde9mtb2zflru5gn1cv.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	5862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phjt6rpydf0sm72btym1.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	5863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vagvlggsyzbcggnzqgei.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	5864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xlyofpwbk1ql1ned9jtj.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	5865

I just had an idea for a smart phone app. It's based on the P.T. Barnum quote, "There's a sucker born every minute". It would allow you to use the camera on your phone, and when aimed at someone would alert you if this person would buy a silly product like a coffee warming, blue tooth enabled, coffee mug. I could use it to locate people who would purchase this app. If I could design the app with artificial intelligence, I could then program a smart device to locate suckers, and sell them shit, and I could just sit back and make money without having to do a darn thing...sweet!

This new and innovative (somewhat), BodyBrew, a patented cold brew coffee system.....
    at $59.00 retail pricing, I am "thinking" of buying one. I guess it is more of a curiosity factor than anything else.

this new cold brew machine claims to make up to 15% more extract than other brewers while reducing unhealthy cholesterol, upset stomach, teeth stains and acid wear..mmmmm.... (maybe they are bit lying?!!!, not sure)
    This is a Canadian company, but surprisingly, via indiegogo, they have raised 240% more than their target until now and they ARE ACTUALLY SHIPPING the products. (that is the first! from all the new products that I have mentioned here.. but honestly, this machine is least complicated machine/system among all the new machine threads that i had put out)

I won't write much because if you can check out the youtube link, you will see exactly how it works.
    In my personal opinion, this product might work compared to others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOZOtjJCNEc

IKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-bod_faucet_resized_ezxxyb.jpgIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-brew_chamber_water_resized_v1mbtm.jpgIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-qcjftetlp3ncxq0ysfeb.pngIKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-system_features_ulbxry.jpg
    Last edited by ensoluna; 06-09-2016 at 10:03 AM.

I just seems like most of new coffee equipment innovations are being financed by "kickstarter".
    Another high-tech and neat looking device for coffee making.
    Delivering this Dec 2016.

Mr. Peaberry, perhaps you should put your roaster in Kickstarter? you never know......

Auroma Brewing

IKAWA home & Pro roaster : is this future of home roasting?-imagenew1.png

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links