ROK grinder

kchen214

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi to all the coffee lovers and experts out there! I just got an Elektra casa leve and wondering if a ROK grinder would work well with that machine. If not, would a Compak K3 work well? Because I heard that the Elektra is quite sensitive to the fineness of espresso. Thank you so much for your comments and feedback!

kchen214

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi Peaberry, Thanks for your comment! I've seen this video before but they are not using the Elektra microcasa :( I heard that it's very sensitive to the grinds and that's why I haven't made up my mind on the ROK. The Elektra is a gorgeous machine but according to experts, this cannot produce commercial grade coffee. I guess you already knew that. It's probably good enough for home use. You can order from Italy online distributors. They are alot cheaper than US websites.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi kchen214,
"Commercial grade coffee" is not a good thing in my book anyway. I think what you mean is that it's not a commercial machine. Which I think refers to the constant use it just don't won't stand up to the constant use. But I've never heard any bad things about the quality of espresso it produces. So for home use it's probably amazing, but for a coffee house is problematic. I can't wait to hear what you have to say when you finally pull your first shot!
Cheers
Peaberry

kchen214

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Here's an update on the ROK grinder. After a few uses of it, we stopped using it because the beans fly out of the chute when we grind, the powder static didn't improve much with the water spraying. Takes forever to grind too... so now it's just sitting there. As the Elektra casa leve, the machine is pretty simple and easy to maintain. It doesn't make great espresso but it's acceptable if you are not a coffee snob. It's a beauty though. We are moving onto a new machine this year. Will post a review after we receive it.

Latest posts