Jura c9 one touch frother won't work??

LGHT

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a used Jura C9 Impressa classic. It was very cheap and I figured there was a problem which is fine because the costs was so low. The machine works fine, but it's a 1 touch and the steam portion doesn't work. Not sure if it's clogged or what, but looking for some tips on how to repair it myself before trying to find a repair service.

LGHT

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if there is any interest, but I found a great checklist on troubleshooting these problems with the jura.

Step 1 was to take a long very thin pipe cleaner and run it up the dispenser. I tried that and noticed a little bit of white film on the brush.
Step 2 was to soak the nozzle in vinegar. I basically filled a small zip lock with vinegar and put it over the nozzle and put a rubber band around it. A few hours later I cleaned it again with the pipe cleaner and got a small amount of steam. Another hours or so of soaking and more cleaning and it's flowing like the river jordan!

The additional steps included taking the machine apart and replacing all the hoses. Then taking out the valve and making sure it's not clogged and then soaking that and if so. Then and eventually replacing that valve if descaling doesn't work.

I did order a 100 pack of Urnex Dezcal and will be running the rinse cycle several times to get rid of all the build up. Hopefully I can avoid any further problems.

The unit is actually a S9 Avantgarde and not a C9 like I thought. So total costs for the unit was $250 and .30 for the pipe cleaner. The log shows 800 coffee and only a few espresso shots which is why it probably got clogged!

Latest posts