Air fryer with automatic stirrer : is this possibly okay to roast some coffee?

I was watching evine channel (like QVC) and they were using this air fryer to cook different foods, INCLUDING ROASTING GREEN COFFEE.
    considering that it has the automatic stirrer, decent size tray (non-stick) and air temp that can go up to 450F, even though it does not have any function to eliminate the chaffs automatically, I thought that it MIGHT DO THE JOB.

it costs around $120 range.
    It looks promising... what do you think? and has anyone used one of these machines to roast coffee?

Air fryer with automatic stirrer : is this possibly okay to roast some coffee?-462-652_04_detail.jpgAir fryer with automatic stirrer : is this possibly okay to roast some coffee?-462-652_02_detail.jpgAir fryer with automatic stirrer : is this possibly okay to roast some coffee?-462-652_00_detail.jpgAir fryer with automatic stirrer : is this possibly okay to roast some coffee?-462-652.jpgAir fryer with automatic stirrer : is this possibly okay to roast some coffee?-14203139_1806421002975021_8401983143783775472_n.jpg
    Last edited by ensoluna; 09-05-2016 at 07:00 AM.

I BOUGHT THIS AND TRIED AND RETURNED IT.

It "cooks" the beans with hot air to be brown (but never get "dark-brown" or "dark") WITHOUT FIRST CRACK!!!!! (I do not think that this machine is capable of getting beans cracked) And they get brown (good enough to be considered as "decently roasted beans") But a lot of chaffs are still on the beans, but beans are brown enough and surprisingly it cooks (?!) evenly.

They advertise as coffee roaster among a lot of other purposes, but it is just air fryer that does not have enough heat to push the beans to the optimal level to bring out the compounds in the beans.

It gets brown enough in 25 min, but there was ABSOLUTELY NO FLAVOR / NO AROMA (when I grind the beans) AND NO TASTE.

Interesting experiment though....
    Last edited by ensoluna; 09-30-2016 at 10:09 AM.

25 mins and not making it to 1st crack is definitely not roasting, but rather baking the coffee. End result will likely be flat and acidic.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Flat Yes.
    Acidic No.
    yes, you are right about "baking" not roasting.

Perhaps I should mention that I roast specifically for espresso and the few batches I've had that were too light were indeed too acidic for espresso.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

I never tried but I think it don't work well. To roast coffee beans needs proper temperature.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links