Need Some Info On A 1998 Gaggia Baby

Nickm19

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Specifically what i want to know is if this machine has a 3 way valve. I don't think my steamer is working to full potential so what must be done to clean it. Also what size is the Group head gasket, and where is the best place to purchase one.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Did you already do a Google search for 1998 Gaggia Baby? You may be able to find the instruction manual and some other information about the Gaggia Baby series of machines that can help you find the answers that you're looking for.

Of course, it's always possible that someone on this Coffee Forum will be able to help you.

Rose

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
To determine whether or not it has a 3-way you can take the lid off the top and look inside and/or look for an overflow tube that should lead to the drip tray as it does with the Classic. If you want to take a few pics of the machine that would be most helpful.

For steaming issue, you could have some blockage in the wand itself, especially if it has a Panarello type tip that can clog easily if not cleaned after every use. Could also be internal blockage that needs to be minimized by descaling.

For group gaskets, there are many places online that sell Gaggia parts. I would suggest the kit below as the shower screen needs to be replaced after years of use as they can become clogged, bent, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Gaggia-Repai...r=1-2-fkmr0&keywords=gaggia+baby+group+gasket

Last edited:

Latest posts