NSF requirement in Retail store

Bbentler

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
So I am opening a brand new yarn shop in Washington State and am wanting to have a morning group called Stitch and twitch. I had planned on using my fantastic Jura s9 in the store but decided I would buy a second one for the shop. When chatting with the salesman he wasn't sure but thought it would have to be NSF certified which increased the superautomatic from around $1000 to $5500 bare minimum. That completely puts this out of my budget for my new store. Can anyone tell me whether I would be required to have NSF certified in my store seeing as I won't be selling coffee and will be offering it as a complimentary part of my morning routine?

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
There are a lot of items that are not nsf or ul listed that are in local coffee shops. It all depends on your inspector in your home town as to how strict they want to be. In my opinion if you had it setup somewhere else besides the common area of the retail shop then it would be considered personal use such as a toaster or small coffee brewer. Out in direct view of customers says retail coffee then a whole list of new codes come into effect