SHURFLO question

KaffeBob

Nov 1, 2016
Lynnwood WA
Visit site
Just picked up a turnkey espresso business and have a question -

I have a Sorrento machine that is not connected to a full time water source. We use canisters that could be used as a water source to the espresso machine. I'm using a SHURFLO pump 2088-594-154 to pull water out of the canisters. Question is do I need to keep the canisters "open", meaning providing airflow to the water so as not to create a vacuum within the canister?

The canisters do need to be vented so the pump doesn't create a vacuum. At farm markets I use a ShurFlo pump to feed the coffee makers out of my trailer. I bought the smaller pressure tank when I bought the pump. Cuts down on the pump running pretty good. I think the pump is overkill for the brewers, but better safe than sorry.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
To be honest most people just connect a chunk of John Guest tubing up to that pump and just drop the inlet tube right in to the bottle. You can put a pressure tank on if you want to but they aren't required. You see this pump a lot on larger RO systems that never shut off so they are designed to take a beating.