How To Easily Clean a Coffee Maker ?

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
I inherited a Chemex about four years ago and have never used it but wanted to so I tried cleaning it with soap and water but that didn't touch some of the stains on the inside so I tried vinegar and it did a little better but holding it up to the light I could still see coffee residue all over it so I put it back in the cupboard. When I bought my cup-one a few weeks back it said to use Urnex products so I ordered some Dezcal for scaling but I also bought some CleanCaf for coffee oils. I used the CleanCaf on the Chemex and when I was done it looked like new, my wife couldn't even believe how clean I got it.

I also used some of the Dezcal on my wife's Keurig that had been cleaned regularly with vinegar and couldn't believe the little chunks that it broke loose. I'm sold on this stuff and will never use vinegar again on my coffee equipment.

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
My experience is much like Duffyjr's; I find the ease of use and effectiveness of the Urnex products, Descal and Cleancaf, worth the expense. Vinegar was the most recommended cleaning agent for decades and still works, but I find today's specialty products work better and do not have the strong odor of vinegar.

It has been a while since I purchased Urnex products but, when I last did, I found by buying their equivalent commercial products in quantity, from an on-line restaurant supply vendor, the unit cost could be greatly reduced.

Latest posts