Seriously? is this machine worth the money?

This is called "Coffee Freshness System" (yes, that is the name of this device).
    this is just to keep the roasted beans fresh. This device uses pump & purge cycles to suck the air out of the canister and replace it with CO2 gas.
    however, the Canister (photo 1) costs $150 and the device (photo 2) costs $600.

here is youtube link how you can operate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYkiqK6wuA

what do you think? worth the money?

PS: for me, I have $20 vacuum canister that you can just hand-pump out the air from the canister. So far, it works very good. Of course, we try to use the roasted beans within two weeks since the roasted date.

Seriously?  is this machine worth the money?-cfs-canister-2015-front.jpgSeriously?  is this machine worth the money?-cfs-canister-2015-main.jpg

I guess it is worth it for those to whom the price does not matter. The idea sounds plausible to me. If you need something to brag about, you would probably be the only kid on your block with one of those. I have decided the best and most practical system is to buy freshly roasted beans and drink it fast. $600 will buy a lot of good, fresh beans.

I have resorted to home roasting for the last year and don't miss buying roasted coffee one bit. In the past I tried all sorts of methods to preserve coffee for the brief window of opportunity for espresso consumption. Based on trying different methods of vacuum packing I would have to believe the constant withdrawal of air/pumping full of CO2 would more than likely cause issues with oils being pulled to the surface of the coffee. This can increase rancidity.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

ensoluna,

It's nonsense. If you need a vacuum storage at all, yours is fine.
    John Piquet
    caffe d'bolla
    Salt Lake City, UT
    twitter.com/caffedbolla

Isn't light an enemy of the bean? I keep a weeks worth of beans in a small glass jar that I use daily but I keep it in a dark cupboard, this looks to big to keep in your cupboard. Other wise I have a canister with a one way valve that holds the bulk of my beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffyjr View Post
    Isn't light an enemy of the bean? I keep a weeks worth of beans in a small glass jar that I use daily but I keep it in a dark cupboard, this looks to big to keep in your cupboard. Other wise I have a canister with a one way valve that holds the bulk of my beans.
    Yes, you are absolutely right.
    if you are going to use up your beans in a week, even regular canister (no vacuum) stored in a cool dark place should be more than adequate.

A while back, Mr. Peaberry posted, or linked to, a study conducted scientifically, for the commercial coffee industry, that convinced me, as observation and logic had already made me suspect, that there is enough oxygen-containing air between the beans in a bag or canister to support oxidation. In other words, unless you are going to vacuum pack your beans, you might as well keep them in the original container and use them up as quickly as possible.

I did as another posted earlier. I went to home roasting. I get fresh beans whenever I want and more importantly, I get the exact region that i want. I roast what I consume and I have never looked back. Nice looking appliance but not where I would park $600...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links