Drip Brewer Recommendations for Coffee Trailer

border_beans

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi Forum,

I am opening a mobile coffee trailer and while it comes with 2, 3 L Fetco Airpots, it does not include a drip brewer. As we will be serving specialty coffee I would like a drip brewer that would work well with highlighting the quality of coffee. Obviously price is a consideration but primarily just looking for a quality recommendation at this point.

I realize this may be covered elsewhere in the forums but I have searched and not been able to find a discussion. Any input would be appreciated!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Fetco is the premier product, followed by Bunn/Curtis... all three make great products.

That is like claiming La Marzocco is the premier for espresso machines and just an opinion/brand bias.

I used a BUNN VPR in a mobile espresso van and it worked great. Simple, well built and quite affordable. Largest airpots we used were around 80 oz. capacity. Over time I got away from doing drip to minimize waste and focused on Americanos as we had a 2 group NS Aurelia and maximized the use of it.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Well... IMO Fetco clearly has advantages when it comes to programming in batch parameters. Nice clean and easy to use interface. I actually think Curti's G4 system has the best programmability, but its at a premium price over Fetco. If going Pour over vs. plumbed Bunn is your only option. It's certainly a generalization but I think most would agree the big three manufacturers can all make great batch coffee.

If it was me... I would go with Fetco 2141XPS with 1 gallon Lexus dispensers... I find the dispensers easier to use over airpots.

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I use a Bunn 240v double brewer that can make 18 gallons an hour. Starting with good quality coffee and a good grinder our coffee stands out. But it takes power to run it and can go through the water tank fairley fast when kicking out alot of coffee. I chose the brewer based on my business plan to be able to cater a lot of freah hot coffee at sights that cant do their own coffee. I have one client that uses us several times a year for 20-30 gallons each time. That pays for the extra size and power needs. If you aren't going to do those kinds of things then go for a much smaller and efficient brewer based on what power and watet you are going to have available.

Latest posts