Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I use a whirley pop as well, I normally do 19oz of green which most of the time comes out to right at 16oz of roasted. I have been planning on putting a motor on mine but don't know what kind of motor to put on it variable speed would be cool too, what kind of motor and set up do you use for it?

Quote Originally Posted by DLRuth View Post
    I use a whirley pop as well, I normally do 19oz of green which most of the time comes out to right at 16oz of roasted. I have been planning on putting a motor on mine but don't know what kind of motor to put on it variable speed would be cool too, what kind of motor and set up do you use for it?
    I'll have to try a 19oz batch. I was always afraid it would be too much and the coffee wouldn't roast even. But, if you've done it, then I'll give it a shot.

As far as the motor goes, it's a 12v gear motor capable of 0-60rpm. I got it on Amazon. Fairly cheap too. Here's a link: Kimdrox Mini 12v Dc 60rmp High Torque Gear Box Motor Diameter 37mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L6G7NFC..._h51eGePGirxiC

EricLP - I love your roaster. It's inspiring me to think about roasting my own.
    Please don't take off the Eight Oclock Coffee logo off your grinder. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Missjune75 View Post
    EricLP - I love your roaster. It's inspiring me to think about roasting my own.
    Please don't take off the Eight Oclock Coffee logo off your grinder. It's awesome.
    I'm glad I can be an inspiration for you. And don't fret. I left the Eight O'clock Coffee sticker on the grinder. I just covered it with my logo. That way if I ever need to sell it, I can peel mine off and it will be good as new.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I picked up the Breville YouBrew machine a few weeks ago. It is awesome cozzy!
    It has a hopper for your beans, with a burr grinder, and many different settings for carafe, mugs and travel mugs, as well as brewing strength and boldness. Everything comes apart for easy cleaning, including the grinding bits.
    I am in love with this machine...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links