In the process of opening a small cafe.

KayBrister

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Good evening. I am curious as to which routes to go in purchasing espresso &a coffee makers for a small shop I'm going to open in the town's museum. The whole process is pretty new and exciting. Would like a commercial set for each and would like not to spend more than 1500 to start with an espresso machine but would like it to be a commercial machine or at least close to. The coffee machine will of course be easier to find. Any help or advice will be so appreciated ❤️

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
It would be best to know all the start up costs and equipment beforehand. 😐

"going to open" is much different than "would like to open." I think you are jumping the gun here.

Your cost basis is unrealistic. And aside from the machine and brewer, you need grinders as well. I assume you know that a coffee grinder and an espresso grinder are not the same thing. (?)

Let's start with... what kind of training or expertise do you have in terms of coffee and espresso? and what's your total budget you think you can do this on?

That will paint a clearer picture of the situation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Good evening. I am curious as to which routes to go in purchasing espresso &a coffee makers for a small shop I'm going to open in the town's museum. The whole process is pretty new and exciting. Would like a commercial set for each and would like not to spend more than 1500 to start with an espresso machine but would like it to be a commercial machine or at least close to. The coffee machine will of course be easier to find. Any help or advice will be so appreciated ❤️
how small is your "small cafe"? Also, as John P said, the equipment will cost you way way more than you are expecting.... And if it is commercial business, better to get some heavy duty equipment to last for a while. And they are not as cheap as you think.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I would be looking at permits and build out costs along with rental payments until you get the doors open. Local health department has a lot of requirements which means paying a plumber big bucks along with some pricey equipment. I would talk to the local inspectors first to see what they will demand. Then put into needed cash