OCD tool for Barista Express?

Valo_Soul

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

New to the forum, but just had a simple question for now.

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the OCD distribution tool. I'd love to acquire one (or even a good knockoff) which will work for the smaller, 54mm portafilter of the Barista Express. Does it exist? I can't find anything except the traditional 58mm size. A nicer tamper would be great, while I'm at it haha.

Thank you so much, in advance!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I've only seen them offered in standard 58mm. Honestly, I think if you have good distribution/tamping those devices are more form than function. I've watched quite a few videos of them compared with traditional distribution methods and there was nothing impressive about them. Most users seem to think they really only help the very top of the puck, so if you have clumps/empty voids below the surface there will still be extraction issues. To each his/her own however.

Valo_Soul

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
I've only seen them offered in standard 58mm. Honestly, I think if you have good distribution/tamping those devices are more form than function. I've watched quite a few videos of them compared with traditional distribution methods and there was nothing impressive about them. Most users seem to think they really only help the very top of the puck, so if you have clumps/empty voids below the surface there will still be extraction issues. To each his/her own however.

Great feedback, for sure! Thank you.

saeed.enigma13

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Great feedback, for sure! Thank you.

do you know why them made OCD? its about consistency and best extraction in the basket but on the whole in 54mil basket you don't have any good extraction so them don't made OCD 54mill, but I know you can find something in iran if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk