Opinions Please: Orenda Coffee Maker

Brew

Aug 29, 2017
Traveling
Visit site
Hello all,

Just joined the forum. Going through a bit of a journey trying to find a smaller, somewhat portable, coffee maker to use in our motorhome. We very much enjoyed our super-automatics when we weren't as mobile. Been using a K-cup brewer for a while, looking for something better, and still convenient. Stumbled upon the Orenda (You'll have to google it because I'm unable to post a link, cause I'm a noobie) a couple days ago, they are still in the pre-order stage with shipping on the first batch now in September 2017. They sent me a $100 off coupon, which gave me $200 off the alleged MSRP, plus $35 shipping and no tax for me ($334.00 - all in). Mine is supposed to ship in early December.

Anyone else ordered one?

I'll be watching :decaf: closely to see if the first batch actually ships and what the reviews are.

TIA
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
For small and portable the Aeropress seems to be the hands down favorite... if your wanting something like a traditional brewer take a look at the Bonavita 1900. I use my 1900 regularly with a Chemex vs. their stainless steel pot... works perfectly.

rlowney

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I preordered my machine in April and have yet to receive it. I am most likely going to cancel my order and do something about reporting them as a scam. I am doing research around the web to various sites that did reviews that I checked before i purchased it to find out where they got their info from.. I suspect they didn't see the machine! I was promised first delivery in June then late summer then late Sept then just today late Oct. Well if that isn't a scam I don't know what is. When I ask what they will give me for my trouble they reply nothing. SO they obviously are not legit because any real company would give you something for being patient even if it's a bag of coffee beans!! SO my suggestion is if you don't personally know someone who has actually seen and used this machine don't buy it!!

Brew

Aug 29, 2017
Traveling
Visit site
Just a follow-up on this - I've never received the subject coffee maker. I've asked to have the order cancelled and refunded with no luck. So I disputed the charge with my CC, and they claim to be working to resolve it. I have not yet found a consumer who has received one... Sad situation.

Last edited:

rlowney

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
I kept at them and threatened to call the BBB etc. I got my money refunded back in Oct 2017. They are still sending me updates about the first shipments!! I can't beelieve they are still around. I'm not sure they are still on FB becasue I posted a scam alert there last year. People need to be alerted and just keep at them to get your money back.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
This was their update on March 22, 2018...

Auroma Brewing
March 22 at 12:05pm ·
ORENDA CUSTOMER SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

In an effort to improve our communication and provide support moving forward, we’ve created a designated place for us to promptly answer your questions. Please make sure to select the appropriate channel to ensure the fastest response.

Our current goal is to respond to your messages via the channels below within 1-3 business days - given the current (lack of) size of our team. Thank you so much for your patience as we get this part up and running.

To contact us for support regarding your order, check shipment status, any concerns with your device, or any other general inquiries, please fill out our contact form here: https://www.orendacoffee.com/pages/support
We’ll respond within 1-3 business days.

To connect with the community as well as keep up to date with all our latest updates, videos, and resources, please make sure to sign up for our forum here: http://community.orendacoffee.com

To share your new Orenda Setup: Please tag us #MyOrendaSetUp on Instagram: @orendacoffee

As always, thank you so much and welcome to the Orenda Family!

All the best,
The Orenda Team