Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I guess, all depends on the volume of coffee you are going to make and what people prefer to have. May be you do need a super automatic espresso machine too as an alternate as there are sometimes the downtime too in your commercial machine or the queue is long. I've seen People using the Nuova Simmonelli a lot as a commercial espresso machine by many professional baristas and their are positive reviews about that too.

Which ones have double boiler? just the lamarzocca? Is a double boiler necessary for 100-150 drinks a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    With semi automatic machines you will get a better quality product but keep in mind you will need to train your people on proper techniques (check out Scott Roa's books as a primer). Within the semi-automatic crowd of machines you will see them listed as volumetric or non-volumetric... a volumetric machine will dispense X amount of water and stop. Pro's/cons of both... most people will tend to go non-volumetric and stop the shot volume when it reaches the desired amount. If your going to have one person on the espresso bar (in higher volume shops one will be pulling shots / one texturing milk) I would suggest a two group machine... three group if you can afford it for future expansion/higher volume. As far as brands - without going crazy expensive - I would look at a LaMarzocco Linea EE, Nueva Simonelli Aurelia II, Nueva Simonelli Appia or Rancilio Class 7 or Class 9. Somewhat in that order.... they all have slight pro/cons... cup warmers yes/no, paddles or turn knobs for steam, Heat Exchange vs. Double Boiler, Cool Touch Steam Wands. All three brands produce great machines. HOWEVER - one critical thing - can you get it serviced in your area? I highly suggest finding your local espresso tech to see what he works on... you don't want your money maker to go down and find out it takes X days to get parts.

Will the Nuova Simmonelli hold up to 100-150 drinks a day?

Quote Originally Posted by friedcoffee View Post
    I guess, all depends on the volume of coffee you are going to make and what people prefer to have. May be you do need a super automatic espresso machine too as an alternate as there are sometimes the downtime too in your commercial machine or the queue is long. I've seen People using the Nuova Simmonelli a lot as a commercial espresso machine by many professional baristas and their are positive reviews about that too.

All of the machine I suggested will handle your # of drink requirements... The Appia is probably designed for the lower side of your number (along with a Rancilio Class 5). Yes - the Linea is the only double boiler - one for steam / one for espresso. HX machines combine the two boilers. At the level of machines I have suggested they should handle your demands. I can't stress enough - talk to your local espresso tech.

Quote Originally Posted by wiferichie View Post
    Will the Nuova Simmonelli hold up to 100-150 drinks a day?
    Not the one suggested in his link by friedcoffee (Sorry)... the Oscar is a home machine. You will need at a minimum a 2 group Appia
    Last edited by Musicphan; 09-27-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Thank you for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    All of the machine I suggested will handle your # of drink requirements... The Appia is probably designed for the lower side of your number (along with a Rancilio Class 5). Yes - the Linea is the only double boiler - one for steam / one for espresso. HX machines combine the two boilers. At the level of machines I have suggested they should handle your demands. I can't stress enough - talk to your local espresso tech.

I’ll try to be brief. Here are the basics:

1. You do need the best espresso you can afford to make. The “espresso taste” can be controlled by adjusting the dose or extraction time (essentially, make a lungo).
    2. The rest of the drink will depend on how well you can froth the milk. People love seeing latte art, and your customers will always remember tasting that perfect microfoam.
    3. Don’t neglect the quality of your ingredients. A million-dollar espresso machine means nothing if you don’t use the purest water, freshly roasted beans, and high-quality syrups.

Okay, what do you need to make any great espresso + milk beverage?

Make sure you have really clean water running into your espresso machine. Use freshly roasted espresso blend beans (if you can partner with a local roaster, even better). Make sure you dial in the perfect grind size with a burr grinder. And finally, train your baristas to be the best milk-handlers in the city.

So what equipment do you need to make such a great drink?

You’ll need a semi-automatic machine to control how your espresso tastes. Keep in mind that you will want to learn how to pull the best standard shot possible and then adjust from there. There are a few things you can do to make the “espresso taste” less prominent.

First, note that most cafés use a double-shot (or “doppio”) in their lattes, cappuccinos, etcetera. You can make those same drinks, but with only a single-shot.

Another thing you can do is to essentially make each shot a “lungo,” which is a standard shot of espresso made with about 1.5x the volume of water. These taste a little weaker without sacrificing any caffeine your customers might be looking for.

And third, you can simply use fewer coffee grounds than usual when pulling your shot (but you will need to adjust your extraction accordingly). This is basically the same as the first point—you’re simply using less coffee.

Just like the espresso itself, the best milk will come from a well-trained, experienced barista. Any commercial semi-automatic machine will have a powerful steam wand attached to it. Anyone can learn to get really good at using it, so it’s simply a matter of practice, patience, and passion. Invest in an excellent barista, and make them feel at home behind the bar.

To finally answer your question…

Notice that most of what I’ve written has nothing to do with the machine you use. That’s because the most important features come from how you use your equipment and not necessarily which equipment you use.

Now, that doesn’t mean that you should use a $100 Mr. Coffee machine. Obviously, invest in the best machine you can afford, but don’t forget to pay equal attention to the quality of your ingredients, the excellence of your staff, and the culture of your business overall. Those are the things that people remember.

So all that being said, check out brands like Gaggia and La Marzocco. You’ll find those two brands in thousands of coffee shops around the world. Spend as much as you can afford on the best ingredients, the best staff, and an amazing grinder. After that, spend the rest on your machine.

Here are some helpful links:

Whole Latte Love – possibly the best coffee website/company in the world. They have a great store but also a ton of amazing product reviews, videos, blog posts, news stories, etcetera

How to Choose an Espresso Machine – a brief guide to things to look for when purchasing a machine (for home or commercial use)

Seattle Coffee Gear – another really awesome online store especially for commercial equipment

Prima Coffee Equipment – I always have to include Prima because they just carry some really cool stuff (“Third Wave Water,” push tampers, etc.)

thanks, its good

Hey,

I agreed that finding espresso machine within your requirement is difficult for you but why don't you need espresso maker that makes perfect espresso?(this is confusing).
    Anyway, i have one espresso maker which is great.

​De'Longhi ECP3420 Espresso Machine:This will makes good shots of espresso at any time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links