Need advice on selling Rancilio MD40 with Epoca Single Tank

Rancilio

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
Looking for advise. I have the equipment in the title and have found it too much for my houshold. Only me drinking coffee. I am looking for a smaller set-up maybe a full automatic. Any recommendations what I could sell it for and a suitable replacement. Only making 2 drinks per day.

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Honestly, if you are making two drinks a day... I wouldn't waste money on a fully automatic machine. They will suffer with the same issues you are probably getting with your "traditional" set up if not worse.
It all depends how seriously you take making coffee I guess...
To get the best from an espresso machine they need to be running at the optimum temperature, freshly ground coffee from a well adjusted grinder, a "seasoned" group etc etc - all this means making at least two or three coffees before making one to drink when you get to your machine for the first time, ask any barista. Time consuming and wasteful perhaps when you make just one or two drinks a day.
Automatic machines have a built in grinder (warm in there, not ideal for ground coffee) and have a fair few more moving parts that tend to need to be used to get up to temp etc. Fully auto machines are generally more complicated (servicing and cleaning) and quite different to set up.
If you want to save space and money, a "Pavoni Europiccola" (several models) can be used to good effect (YouTube has lots of videos) alongside a decent small grinder. No doubt others will recommend other models but these look great, tend to be reliable and make great shots (when you get the knack of using them). If you do opt for an auto make sure there is someone who can fix and answer your questions somewhere near!