Can someone recomend a good brand of Moka Pot?

MikeLoeven

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I got my father a Moka Pot for Christmas and when he opened the box and tested it out it was of rather poor quality and leaked from the middle area. I returned the unit and am looking for a replacement but I dont really know much about these devices and was hoping someone could recommend a good reliable brand?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I got my father a Moka Pot for Christmas and when he opened the box and tested it out it was of rather poor quality and leaked from the middle area. I returned the unit and am looking for a replacement but I dont really know much about these devices and was hoping someone could recommend a good reliable brand?

Moka-Pot is a manufacturer of Moka Pots and they are Coffee Forum sponsor. You can see some interesting Moka Pots on their website:
http://www.moka-pot.co.uk/

Last edited:

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Funny story. First time I used it was great. I followed the instructions perfectly. I was in my kitchen and it was New years Eve of 2016/2017. We had company over and all espresso to start the night off. We switched to harder drinks from there. That was early around 7pm. Around midnight I was ready for another espresso. I thought I did every thing the same as earlier. I forgot one important thing. To release the pressure. I went to clear the port-a-filter and BOOM! It sounded like a gun went off! I looked down and I had a black line of coffee grounds on my shirt. Then I realized that it had shot a thin line of coffee grounds in a 360 degrees. Over a year later I still find a small bits of coffee on the walls. My wife was not pleased..lol.

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
Funny story. First time I used it was great. I followed the instructions perfectly. I was in my kitchen and it was New years Eve of 2016/2017. We had company over and all espresso to start the night off. We switched to harder drinks from there. That was early around 7pm. Around midnight I was ready for another espresso. I thought I did every thing the same as earlier. I forgot one important thing. To release the pressure. I went to clear the port-a-filter and BOOM! It sounded like a gun went off! I looked down and I had a black line of coffee grounds on my shirt. Then I realized that it had shot a thin line of coffee grounds in a 360 degrees. Over a year later I still find a small bits of coffee on the walls. My wife was not pleased..lol.

LMAO that's a great story, it reminds me of the movies when the bank robbers open the bag of loot with the dye and it goes EVERYWHERE, that's great. Does the pot still work after your lovely new years gift?