Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    39

    Can someone recomend a good brand of Moka Pot?

    I got my father a Moka Pot for Christmas and when he opened the box and tested it out it was of rather poor quality and leaked from the middle area. I returned the unit and am looking for a replacement but I dont really know much about these devices and was hoping someone could recommend a good reliable brand?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    39
    I have never used one actually I have a electric Delongi and a stove top siphon pot.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    200
    Bialetti, they have 3, 6, 9, 12 cup choices I believe. Always go bigger the 3 lucky if it gets you 1.5 espresso's full not the Italian way lol

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLoeven View Post
    I got my father a Moka Pot for Christmas and when he opened the box and tested it out it was of rather poor quality and leaked from the middle area. I returned the unit and am looking for a replacement but I dont really know much about these devices and was hoping someone could recommend a good reliable brand?
    Moka-Pot is a manufacturer of Moka Pots and they are Coffee Forum sponsor. You can see some interesting Moka Pots on their website:
    http://www.moka-pot.co.uk/
    Last edited by PinkRose; 01-24-2018 at 04:18 AM.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,540
    My wife bought me this one and it's pretty cool.

    and I am going to buy this one soon....
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    My wife bought me this one and it's pretty cool.

    and I am going to buy this one soon....
    Those look awesome, do you happen to know where your wife acquired it from?

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,540
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    200
    Sounds like my future wife except shes in for 95% lol. How do you like it, I have used the Bialetti my whole life but it doesn't get crema like that!

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,540
    Funny story. First time I used it was great. I followed the instructions perfectly. I was in my kitchen and it was New years Eve of 2016/2017. We had company over and all espresso to start the night off. We switched to harder drinks from there. That was early around 7pm. Around midnight I was ready for another espresso. I thought I did every thing the same as earlier. I forgot one important thing. To release the pressure. I went to clear the port-a-filter and BOOM! It sounded like a gun went off! I looked down and I had a black line of coffee grounds on my shirt. Then I realized that it had shot a thin line of coffee grounds in a 360 degrees. Over a year later I still find a small bits of coffee on the walls. My wife was not pleased..lol.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Funny story. First time I used it was great. I followed the instructions perfectly. I was in my kitchen and it was New years Eve of 2016/2017. We had company over and all espresso to start the night off. We switched to harder drinks from there. That was early around 7pm. Around midnight I was ready for another espresso. I thought I did every thing the same as earlier. I forgot one important thing. To release the pressure. I went to clear the port-a-filter and BOOM! It sounded like a gun went off! I looked down and I had a black line of coffee grounds on my shirt. Then I realized that it had shot a thin line of coffee grounds in a 360 degrees. Over a year later I still find a small bits of coffee on the walls. My wife was not pleased..lol.
    LMAO that's a great story, it reminds me of the movies when the bank robbers open the bag of loot with the dye and it goes EVERYWHERE, that's great. Does the pot still work after your lovely new years gift?

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Good brand
    By sharjeel in forum Coffee Table
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 10:54 PM
  2. looking for 1-3 kilo roster, used Okay, good brand.
    By yyangb in forum Coffee Roasters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 06:36 PM
  3. A brand new designed Coffee brand is looking for distributor
    By nelkho in forum Business to Business B2B
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 12:12 AM
  4. Moka
    By MrBox in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 11:42 AM
  5. HELLO EVERYONE What coffee machine do you recomend for me...
    By sandwich_street in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 02:13 PM