Best Commercial Grinder for Cold Brew

quantumbeancoffee

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Looking for opinions on the best commercial grinder for large batches of cold brew (5-15 gallons) Looking for one that will grind coarse enough for full immersion and can handle a heavy workload. We’ve been looking at the Mahlkonig Guatemala 710 and the Compak Retail line of grinders so far, but would love to know what other professionals are using or what they recommend. Thanks!

Seb

Mar 18, 2014
Quebec/Canada
Visit site
I like electric burr coffee grinders better than blade ones. Capresso Infinity or Baratza Encore are good affordable options (they cost around $100)
Affordable for sure but useless for what he want to do! He need a good commercial brew grinder like the Bunn G serie (G3 or G9) or other large volume grinders. I personnaly use two Bunn G9 and also a Compak R100. The one i prefer is the Bunn G9 with Ditting 804 burrs set. A G3 is nice because you grind directly into a bag while the G9 you have to grind into a tray but if it is for you to brew immediately after no problem. If it is for customers then a G3 is much better.