Need advice for a new commercial customer

Seb

Mar 18, 2014
Quebec/Canada
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm a micro coffee roaster and today i had a meeting at a new shop where they want me to supply the coffee (whole beans) to their shop employees and also to the administration section where there are fewer peoples. Right now there are only 15 employees or so in the shop but soon it will be 60 and next year might be up to 300! I am thinking about installing a Bunn G9 grinder with a Bunn large volume brewer with thermal pot for serving. Now for the administration section i have more problem to decide. They will only be about 10-12 persons and they seem to want more then just filter coffee but of course at the same time they want the convenience of a push bottom! I only sell whole beans so capsules are out for me. I am trying to see if there is not a small vending machine that could work or anything better then the usual super auto? Any suggestion?

Thanks

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Keep in mind - not all of those employees will drink coffee. A 12 person group won't go through that much coffee per week so be careful not to overspend on equipment if your paying for everything. The G9 is probably overkill for a bit - they do have a step down in size for a few hundred dollars less but it doesn't have Brewwise if that's a feature you like. Regarding the next step up - your really looking at bean to cup machines that seem to run about $5-6K

Seb

Mar 18, 2014
Quebec/Canada
Visit site
The G9 is for the shop employees where they will be near 300 in a year. For the small group of 10-12 persons i was thinking of an LPG with a small brew machine. A Spinn would be perfect for such situation if it was available now! Yeah, a bean to cup is what i mean by "vending machine" but i am wondering if there is not small compact machine more affordable. I already have a lot of Bunn grinders and brewers but no bean to cup machine yet. I always prefer to go with filter coffee, much simpler.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I wasn't able to find any bean to cup machines at a affordable costs. There was one company I spoke to that had basically a 'drip' only machine but it was being discontinued. Damn K-cups certainly has changed the office market.

llugguss

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
My company is engaged in the delivery of coffee beans throughout the city, including large companies and enterprises. My task is that refuel the coffee machines and also keep it in good technical condition. Today we have 50 employees, including me, who are divided into different areas. In connection with the pandemic, they began to actively lay off us, since the demand for such a huge number of employees disappeared. Most likely, I will also be fired. Friends suggested to me a way how to get through to edd unemployment live persons and apply for unemployment benefits now, as this is a long process. Help, maybe it is possible to somehow change the situation and not be left without work?

Last edited: