Flavored Coffee in Super Automatic Bypass

Msjrapps

Oct 13, 2018
Visit site
I have a Jura E8 Super Automatic and I use only Lavazza Super Creama beans in the machine.

My wife is requesting I try to make a Pumpkin Latte in the machine. I refuse to put flavored beans in the grinder but is it ok to put oily or flavored coffee in the ground bypass? I know that is used primarily for different roasts or decaf... And I know they recommend no oily beans for the health of the grinder. So if I use it in the bypass will that damage the machine?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I have a Jura E8 Super Automatic and I use only Lavazza Super Creama beans in the machine.

My wife is requesting I try to make a Pumpkin Latte in the machine. I refuse to put flavored beans in the grinder but is it ok to put oily or flavored coffee in the ground bypass? I know that is used primarily for different roasts or decaf... And I know they recommend no oily beans for the health of the grinder. So if I use it in the bypass will that damage the machine?

You're smart to refuse to put flavored beans through your grinder.
The pumpkin flavored beans will also leave a pumpkin residue in your coffee machine.
Save yourself the aggravation. Just get some Pumpkin Syrup and add it to the latte after you make it. Most supermarkets sell it, but you can also find it on Amazon, too.

https://www.amazon.com/Torani-Pumpk...25&sprefix=pumpkin+,aps,141&sr=8-7&ref=sr_1_7

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Miscphan is correct. You can not use flavored coffee in your espresso machine. If you brewed pumpkin flavored coffee in your espresso machine it would not turn out like any coffee shops...it would be super strong and not sweet. 1883 is a great company..monin is easier for people to find...and they also make great flavors ;)

BescaRoasting

Oct 14, 2018
Michigan
Visit site
Agreed. Don't give in! The pumpkin spice syrup on flavored coffee is oil based unlike most of the other coffee flavoring syrups I have encountered, which are alcohol based. You definitely don't want any flavor syrup inside your machine, but pumpkin spice is one of the most difficult to get rid of..... trust me....