Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    OCD Doug coming out here...I apologize in advance. The word is "carafe" NOT "craft". Okay...I'm done. Please continue....lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    OCD Doug coming out here...I apologize in advance. The word is "carafe" NOT "craft". Okay...I'm done. Please continue....lol!
    thanks mr.peaberry to correct my mistake

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by diazsjonathan8 View Post
    thanks Mr. Peaberry for correcting my mistake
    That mistake happens a lot. I have noticed that when speaking, many people think the word carafe is pronounced "craft" because they say (and hear) it so fast. But, like many other words, when it is written, it is spelled totally different.

As "they" say, "You learn something new every day."
    Last edited by PinkRose; 05-19-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diazsjonathan8 View Post
    thanks mr.peaberry to correct my mistake
    To be fair...Musicphan started it...lol! We all are guilty of similar crimes, esp. when it comes to song lyrics, right?? I don't recall how many years I thought the lyrics "He just smiled and gave me a vegimite sandwich" (Down Under by Men at Work) were instead: "He just smiled and gave me a bite of ?? sandwich"!!

I can't help you with the information about choosen machines. I'm using the Cuisinart DCC-450BK for filter coffee, which is a bit more affordable. To be honest, I'm completely satisfied with this one, so if you still didn't made a decision, maybe you should take a look at something like that.

When I was buying coffee maker I have read a lot of forums and review sites. I wanted to find something that completly fits my needs, but also, to be affordable. Than I came across some article about coffee makers which I found useful and that helped me to make my decision. I'll leave a link so anyone interested in coffee makers can take a look. Maybe it can help to someone else: https://www.bestproductspro.com/4-cup-coffee-makers/

Have a nice day!

You can use Gaggia RI8762 Anima Prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe72892 View Post
    Newb here. These are the machines I'm thinking about:

• Breville BCG820BKSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder ($179)
    • DeLonghi America, Inc EC685R Dedica Deluxe 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine ($244)
    • Breville BDC455BSS Precision Brewer Coffee Maker w/pour over kit (SCA/SCAA certified) ($219)

The grinder I chose because it has lots of electronics and can weigh and measure proper amounts so I don't have to. Dial-in a dose and get it! However, it does have some bad reviews having to do with jamming. So I may continue looking.

The espresso machine, DeLonghi Dedica Deluxe, was chosen because it is narrow and doesn't fill the whole counter. It had pretty good reviews and a little programmability. It's a manual but looked simple to operate.

The Breville BDC450 Precision Brewer Coffee Maker was chosen because it is SCA certified and at least I'll know it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. I also liked that it has a stainless steel carafe which keeps coffee warm without reheating like a glass carafe with a hot plate. Seattle Coffee Gear seemed to like it also. (Edit: removed the Behmor Connect due to reviews)

What do you think of these choices? Is there better for the same price? What's your recommendation?
    I think Breville makes the best espresso...I've literally had like 5 different ones and this is by far my favorite brand. I don't think they have a bad product, so even the lower priced options are very good.

I was also looking for coffee equipment then I found LinLin coffee beans, grinders and machines. it is the best plateform for coffee equipment.

Check out bbscoffeeshop.com

Hi, Joe!

I know there are a lot of high ratings for Breville, but I am still on the fence about Breville cheaper products. We own a lot of them, but some of the performance isn't as great as I would expect for the cost.
    From my experience, you might try a Delonghi EC146. EC146 would be worth looking at purely because it as an unpressurized portafilter and baskets, this is going to give you the best chance to get a decent tasting espresso from one of those lower end machines. However what you will have to factor in is a decent burr grinder, and as it's been said Barratza is worth buying.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links