I love my DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ask me any question about it's operation...
    Last edited by mawil1013; 12-15-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$510.86 with built in grinder, pre-infusion, auto tamp and self dump of grind.

I recently purchased one two weeks ago, ask me a question.
    Hello mawil1013,

Are you just letting us know that you have a DeLonghi ESAM3300 in case someone wants to ask you about it, or are you posting it for sale?

~ Rose

LOL! Not for sale! I love it, just making myself available for questions, I was putting out all the basic info on it.

I just received my DeLonghi ESAM3300. I don't love it yet, learning its ins and outs. I'm disappointed I can't push a button and get a grind-brew-grind-brew. I can select the 2 coffee button but I can't get the right mixture of coffee and water. If I select the highest settings for coffee and water, I get the right amount of water but not enough coffee.

I like it so far, but boy is it loud..!!

Quote Originally Posted by argie View Post
    I just received my DeLonghi ESAM3300. I don't love it yet, learning its ins and outs. I'm disappointed I can't push a button and get a grind-brew-grind-brew. I can select the 2 coffee button but I can't get the right mixture of coffee and water. If I select the highest settings for coffee and water, I get the right amount of water but not enough coffee.

I like it so far, but boy is it loud..!!

Are U trying to make a standard cup of coffee? Like if you'd have with a drip coffee maker?

(Sound) I've owned several low end DeLonghi manual espresso makers (It almost rattles off the counter and the steamer could scream!) and have a Baratza Encore grinder, talk about loud, I felt the ESAM3300 was half as loud with brew pump and steamer. I used to take the grinder into the laundry room and shut the door so as not to wake my wife!! I guess it's perspective, but I can easily carry on a conversation with the ESAM3300. No way it could compare to a commercial unit which probably has special sound proofing,
    Last edited by mawil1013; 12-18-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
    Are U trying to make a standard cup of coffee? Like if you'd have with a drip coffee maker?
    No, I think that drip coffee is rarely satisfying. With my Saeco Giro I could push a button, walk away and get two consecutive grind-and-brew cycles. I was hoping my DeLonghi 2-cup button would allow the same thing with coffee and water at their maximum settings. I can dial back the water, but then I don't get enough coffee.

I'll experiment with settings at half and then press the 2-cup button a second time. Not as convenient.

There might be another reason for my first experience. I received the coffee one month ago from Amazon. Caribou Mahogany Dark, 12-oz. bags. The coffee I used was from a bag opened 8 days ago, but tightly closed. I realize this had an effect, but I don't know how much.

No, I think that drip coffee is rarely satisfying. With my Saeco Giro I could push a button, walk away and get two consecutive grind-and-brew cycles. I was hoping my DeLonghi 2-cup button would allow the same thing with coffee and water at their maximum settings. I can dial back the water, but then I don't get enough coffee.

I'll experiment with settings at half and then press the 2-cup button a second time. Not as convenient.

There might be another reason for my first experience. I received the coffee one month ago from Amazon. Caribou Mahogany Dark, 12-oz. bags. The coffee I used was from a bag opened 8 days ago, but tightly closed. I realize this had an effect, but I don't know how much.

I'm not certain what your trying, but I'll throw some things out which you probably are aware, forgive me! Yes, by pressing the 2 cup button you'll get two shots or two ounces of espresso. Which you can make stronger by, (1) making finer grind until it drips, then increase until it just starts to flow and then run three times to adapt, (2) increase dial with the beans to add more grind to each basket fill. Then; I don't go by time to fill shot glass, but it's close, I set up grind size first, then adjust cups dial to stop at two ounces - which i have set at not quite to 1.5 dot for two ounces after two cup button pressed. Also I've noticed by watching youtube videos its seems certain that if you do count shot time, start to time when infusion starts and time will come out close but I don't live and die off time of flow. Also, in case you didn't see it, only adjust grind while grinding is in process, not with machine off. Feel free to keep hammering away at me and hopefully I can be of help!
    Last edited by mawil1013; 12-18-2018 at 07:15 PM.

This morning try, beginning with beans and water dials both set at about 75%.

I changed the grind setting from 4 to 3, a little finer. Then I hit once the 1-cup button, and one more time the 2-cup button. The result was a generous, 11 oz. cup of satisfying coffee.

I will continue with this a while longer, and perhaps fine tune it again.

This morning try, beginning with beans and water dials both set at about 75%.

I changed the grind setting from 4 to 3, a little finer. Then I hit once the 1-cup button, and one more time the 2-cup button. The result was a generous, 11 oz. cup of satisfying coffee.

I will continue with this a while longer, and perhaps fine tune it again.
    Great, glad you getting the result your were looking for!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links