Baratza Sette 270 or Ceado E5P or ...?

sidpost

Jan 21, 2019
Texas, USA
Visit site
I'm looking for an espresso grinder as I'm moving to whole beans. Initially, the Sette 270 or E5P seem to be the main contenders.

In this price 'class' of grinders, am I missing something obvious? Is the E5P worth the extra ~$250 upcharge? Why or why not?

TIA!

davidgreams

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site
I bought a Sette even after reading about all the issues because it's a great grinder for the price and is super fast. I also have yet to see a thread where Baratza hasn't taken excellent care of their customers, so I'm not really worried if I have an issue, which definitely can't be said for buying a used super jolly, especially one in that price range. Having a huge fit about people sharing advice because you read some things on the internet and have not personal experience with the product or the service is stupid, please stop.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
The Baratzas are nice grinders for home use... you get up into the next step up and they are more designed for low volume commerical use. Typically the next step you get a little sturdier product - I would consider moving up to a Mazzer Mini or Compak as the next step up from Baratza. You do have the Rancilio Rocky as a comparable priced option as well.