Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Please: KRUPS EA9010 Leaking Problem -- Use & Repair

I have been using this machine for a couple of years now. It runs completely trouble free for one year before the detergent pump broke. I tried to find some repair information online to no avail. I couldn't find this model here either.

Help Please: KRUPS EA9010 Leaking Problem -- Use & Repair-img_e1919.jpg

So I think maybe I can start a thread here just for the use and repair of this model. It could help users of other Krups models since they may share same parts.

First of all, you can buy this model from Europe much cheaper (half price). You can also use it in US directly without a transformer since most houses in US have 240VAC power. You only need to make a special 240VAC outlet on the wall. Since I already have 240VAC outlet under the kitchen cook-top (for electrical cook-tops), I made an extension from there to where I want it on the wall and installed a 240VAC outlet. Since it's a special outlet, you can't plug regular 120V appliances into it by accident.

Second of all, it's cheaper to buy its parts in US. The only problem is if they don't have it in stock, like this detergent pump, they have to order it from Europe. It may take longer but still cheaper. I ordered the pump this way.

Help Please: KRUPS EA9010 Leaking Problem -- Use & Repair-img_e1917.jpg

It's not very easy to figure out how to open it. I finally did it and replaced the pump. Now it runs as good as before.
    Last edited by WhyCoffee; 02-25-2019 at 08:10 PM.

After it runs for a couple of weeks, I found one more problem: during rinse cycle at the beginning of coffee making, used water is not going into the cup, but goes into the used coffee bin and dripping from the bottom too. So I opened it up again and found the O-rings on the coffee compressor piston are worn out, one of them even broken into pieces. They are metric O-rings: 42mm OD/35mm ID/3.5mm CS and I assume have to be FDA approved food grade. Since I need coffee and don't want to wait for the right parts, I installed two standard ones: 1 9/16" OD, 1 5/16" ID, and 1/8" CS temporarily instead. It works just fine now.

Help Please: KRUPS EA9010 Leaking Problem -- Use & Repair-img_e1957.jpg

I am looking for better O-rings now. Since I use it couple of times a day and it broke in about 2 years, I don't think those O-rings are of good quality so I don't want to replace them with original parts from Krups anymore.
    Last edited by WhyCoffee; 02-25-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Finally I got the O-rings I ordered from a couple different companies. The part number is FDAB70220 or EF70-220 and both are FDA approved food grade:

Help Please: KRUPS EA9010 Leaking Problem -- Use & Repair-img_1974.jpg

Food grade is important because they are in direct contact with coffee. I also considered high temperature and wear resistance when I chose these. I think they should last longer than the original ones, but will wait and see.
    After installation (don't forget to grease them with food grade silicon grease):

Help Please: KRUPS EA9010 Leaking Problem -- Use & Repair-img_1977.jpg

When attach the piston back, don't completely screw it tight: run a cycle to let the piston go into the cylinder, then tight it up when it's still inside the cylinder. This way, you will have a perfect alignment.
    Last edited by WhyCoffee; 02-26-2019 at 03:36 PM.

This really helped me - replaced the o-rings on the piston on my EA9010 and reduced someof the water leak issues from the machine. There's a great youtube video on opening up the machine - search you tube for: Repair coffee machine Krups EA9000, open the body.

A thread for this machine is a great idea. I've returned it to a Krups service centre many times under the warranty for leaks, touch display failures and broken internal brewing parts. There's very little available on the web about this machine and how to repair it, and although it does seem to share some of it's parts with other models, I'm never sure that it's an exact match.

The issue I have at the moment is large amounts of water leaking from the machine during the cleaning cycle - specifically the last minute of the first part of the clean, and during the second rinse part of the cycle.

My suspicion is that this is a seal on the boiler - but any guidance would be gratefully recieved - particularly on what to order and how to get to it to repair it.

Since the machine can run without the 3 sides skirt around it, you can let it run that way and find exactly where it leaks when it leaks. It's also a good way to observe how it works. I let mine do it while I was waiting on those O-rings to come.

Great idea - i’ll try and use the opportunity to video the opening and diagnostics. Anyone have any experience of replacing the o rings on the boiler and piston assembly? If you’re in the UK you can get the replacement piston o rings that @WhyCoffee refers to from Belstar for a reasonable price (you’ll need 2), and other spares from rounded.com, the postage is steep but if you order a number of parts they pack them all for the same postage. There’s a pack of o rings for a complete service on eBay, but has anyone found an engineers manual for this machine?

Hi,
    My EA9010 started leading this morning. No hot water through the sprout and a puddle of water under the machine. I opened it up and ran the rinse cycle and i can see water dripping/pouring out of the heater pump. My assumption is that I will need to replace the unit? Any suggestions? If so, how do I take apart the unit to get to the pump? Getting the covers off was easy, the rest I haven't seen any videos. Appreciate the help.

Once you remove the top, shift the back cover up to remove it. Then remove the two screws behind it. Everything else is more straightforward.
    Check to see if it’s pump leaking or hose leaking because pump is more expensive. Good luck!

Thank you WhyCoffee,
    I had all the covers apart and I believe it's the pump, but not sure what all will need to be taken apart to get the pump out. I found a company in Netherlands that sells parts couldn't find a local US company. Any links to getting the pump out would be appreciated and to buy the pump. Again, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links