Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a Grinder Upgrade under $200

Looking for a better coffee grinder. Been using a Cuisinart DBM-8 for a few years and while its good enough for most things it still has a fine dust problem which can cause problems with espresso grinds as the excess powder can clump and jam the machine. Looking for a electric burr grinder under $200 and was hoping someone can provide first hand recommendations don't really trust online reviews as they are too easily manipulated.

Baratza Encore... or preferably the Virtuoso but that's a touch over you're budget. The Virtuoso has better adjustment and better burrs but both are great grinders.

Go for the Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder - https://coffeforus.com/best-coffee-g...-french-press/

How about a refurbed Virtuoso direct from Baratza, with new grinder warranty, for $175? It is the older model, but it is a lot of grinder for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLoeven View Post
    Looking for a better coffee grinder. Been using a Cuisinart DBM-8 for a few years and while its good enough for most things it still has a fine dust problem which can cause problems with espresso grinds as the excess powder can clump and jam the machine. Looking for a electric burr grinder under $200 and was hoping someone can provide first hand recommendations don't really trust online reviews as they are too easily manipulated.
    Go with the encore because that’s what I have and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kudzu View Post
    How about a refurbed Virtuoso direct from Baratza, with new grinder warranty, for $175? It is the older model, but it is a lot of grinder for the money.
    Better adjustments & burrs... if it has the same warranty I would do it... that's a decent price. Its what I have for 'home' use and what I use when I do a mobile pour over stand... works great.

Probably due to development and manufacturing cost, many of these coffee grinders actually share the same grinding burrs. I know the burrs in Saeco, Jura, Nivona, Miele, AEG, Siemens, Bosch, etc. are all exactly the same! In other words, coffee from them should be the same too. People who don't open them up will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    ...if it has the same warranty I would do it...
    Musicphan’s comment caused me to go double-check my understanding of warranty and it is not exactly as I thought. The refurb does have a one-year warranty, like new ones, but it does not appear to include shipping both ways like new ones. You can read it HERE.

I also noticed that the Virtuoso has been discontinued... there now is a Virtuoso + which has some nice changes.

https://youtu.be/XLGNIxKpnh8

Looks great, actually!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links