Help Please: Questions about Jura Capresso Impressa E8 Use and Repair

I bought a Jura Capresso Impressa E8 recently on eBay. It's in pretty good condition. The only obvious problem is leaking water from the spout. I think I can fix it without replacing the whole part.

I also just bought a Brew Group & Drainage Valve O-Rings Complete Set, a Conical Grinder Burr Set, and a Membrane Pressure Regulator. I am refurbishing it right now. If you have any experience/suggestions on either using or repairing this machine, or any other Jura, please share it here.

Do I need to do anything else to it to restore it to brand new condition? I may eventually get a Jura Z9 if I can restore/resell for a couple more times.
    Last edited by WhyCoffee; 04-27-2019 at 03:26 PM.

I found the reason for dispensing spout leaking is overflow caused by clogged spout nozzles. The previous owner didn't do clean up as often. I don't like the spout design of this model, the coffee is just dumped into this spout which is basically a plastic box with two holes on the bottom. Why can't they use metal tubing to dispense directly into your cup? The temperature should be higher too.

I found the old Conical Grinder Burr I took off:
    Help Please:  Questions about Jura Capresso Impressa E8 Use and Repair-old-grinder.jpg
    is different than the one I bought for this model:
    Help Please:  Questions about Jura Capresso Impressa E8 Use and Repair-kit.jpg
    there are more spiral shaped cutters on the neck on the new one. They probably improved their design over time?

I am glad I bought the Membrane Pressure Regulator because the old one is failing:Help Please:  Questions about Jura Capresso Impressa E8 Use and Repair-regulator.jpg

The most common problem with this model is hinges on two top covers: they are so easy to break. Almost every used one has broken ones on it. So I think I need to fix it for good. Here is the idea: use sheet metal to make some clips like this:Help Please:  Questions about Jura Capresso Impressa E8 Use and Repair-clip-model.jpg

First, use superglue to glue the broken piece back, as straight as possible. Then use epoxy to glue this clip onto the hinge to hold two pieces together:Help Please:  Questions about Jura Capresso Impressa E8 Use and Repair-clip.jpg

Now you have a super strong connection, stronger than original. In order to break it, you have to break the whole thing off the plate...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links