RV coffee maker

jonuk

Jun 6, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, need your expertise here!

I will soon be in a possession of a travel van - an ordinary van which is redesigned to be an RV.

I would like to have a coffee maker in it, hence - in need of your suggestions.

What should I look for when buying a coffee maker for an RV?

The size matters, I think, also - the material? Is it better to be made of steel than glass?

What else should I consider?

Do you have any suggestions for such a coffee maker?

Thanks in advance for your replies!!

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
As BIC suggested, a Aeropress might serve you well. After trying a regular drip coffeemaker, I switched to using a Clever Dripper in our camper. What drove me to do that was the difficulty of satisfactorily washing the carafe and other parts of the drip pot in the small camper sink. Just more food for thought.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
If you go down the traditional 'drip coffee maker' style brewer - check out the Bonavita brand of brewers. They make a 1600 & 1900 which have stainless steel dispenser options - they hold the coffee hotter and obviously won't break like glass.

jonuk

Jun 6, 2019
Visit site
Space is always a concern in an RV, I believe. :D I don't plan on brewing while on the move, only when stationary. So any would do, I guess.
Since most people don't make coffee or anything while moving and only do those things when parked/hooked up, there is really no difference between home and RV use ones. Unless space is a concern.

jonuk

Jun 6, 2019
Visit site
Thank you, I'll think about this, too! :)
As BIC suggested, a Aeropress might serve you well. After trying a regular drip coffeemaker, I switched to using a Clever Dripper in our camper. What drove me to do that was the difficulty of satisfactorily washing the carafe and other parts of the drip pot in the small camper sink. Just more food for thought.

jonuk

Jun 6, 2019
Visit site
Thank you, I believe that steel is better than glass in a camper, safer, the price seems a bit high tho, Ill check out breville tho. thank you!
If you go down the traditional 'drip coffee maker' style brewer - check out the Bonavita brand of brewers. They make a 1600 & 1900 which have stainless steel dispenser options - they hold the coffee hotter and obviously won't break like glass.

Ronaldooo

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
We have been using a Keurig for over 7 years in our RV. It brews a fresh cup of coffee and a very very short time, and the coffee is fresh every time you brew it. I feel the coffee is fresher in a sealed K-cup rather than in an opened one pound can. But before deciding on a particular device, be sure to do your own research on coffee makers.

Last edited:

xLaurenHx

Jul 27, 2020
New York Woodside
Visit site
Coffee maker it’s one of the most important RV appliances you could possibly own. I become more aware of that every day. You have a variety of options to selecting the best coffee maker for your RV. AdirChef’s Grab N’ Go Personal Coffee Maker is a perfect option for anyone who is limited is space. I like it a lot, this coffee maker use of a permanent filter, and the paper one. It's lightweight and small, it ideally suited in my kitchen. All appliances I introduced in RV blue book value check https://www.crowsurvival.com/nada-rv-vs-kelley-blue-book-rv/ this is the best way for keeping count of all your RV's key figure details.

Last edited: