Why buy Technivorm?

techno

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
Having had a Mocha Master for 2 years, I can provide my experience:

From day 1 I realized I had purchased an expensive machine after falling for the hype of the "golden cup" certification, and rave reviews.
It is a well made drip coffee maker with absolutely no features. I have the SS vacuum carafe, vs the heated glass carafe.

This unit does no more to add taste than any other drip machine. All it does is heat water, and sprinkle it over the grounds.
It uses paper filters (which for some purists is an issue).

Lots of great reasons to buy it - exclusivity, well made, attractive, simple to use and clean (and descale).
Taste enhancement isn't one of them.

After 2 years, I have had an issue where I cracked the fill reservior. Simple you would think to get a new part.
The Canadian and US distributors wont sell parts, but if you ship on your dime ($$) for a flat fee ($$$) they will send you a refurb upon receiving your old one.
Parts are available if you dig deep enough overseas (what I did), and one US site.
That the Manufacturer wont provide customers a cost effective option of shipping you an inexpensive part, but wants you to spend 30-50% of the original value of an expensive appliance is the best reason not to buy one. Read the warranty - not all parts are warranted. Even if you have an accident with a warranted part and just want to buy the part to fixt it - you are hosed.

I have a good grinder, and the coffee surface area, and contact time are all in the control of the brewer based on grind, not the machine.

Good coffee:
- cold activated carbon filtered water
- good whole bean coffee
- experiment with a good burr grinder till you nail the volume and grind of coffee that makes you look forward to that special cup

Avoid the expensive Technivorm with a manufacturer that only wants to take you to the cleaners for the sale, and then for service.
Just my experience and advice.