Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I expect improvement which should be part of human nature. If I am disappointed in something, I usually know how to fix it at the same time. Otherwise, there is no reason for disappointment. I am pretty sure they are improving auto pilot cars right at this moment too.

More power to you, lmao...

Back on topic, there is no automatic machine ever made that will compare with a semi-auto/manual type setup. More convenient/repeatable with no effort, yes, but the end result won't be close to awesome for most people.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

I bet you can't find a single blind test result to prove it, especially with yao...
    On the other hand, it's very easy to find blind test results to disapprove it because smart people need proof before they spend that kind of money.

BTW, the real laughing stock is "semi-auto/manual type" here: in 100% manual dynasty, people said exactly the same thing about semi-auto like you here!
    Last edited by WhyCoffee; 09-02-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Smart people, lmao? Usually the big spenders are the ones that 'know' the least and need something automated to make up for the lack of skill/intelligence needed.

Defend the overpriced plastic/push button machines all you want and I imagine anybody that has the least bit of espresso experience would see a drastic difference between both machine types. Even the popular companies selling both types will readily admit super autos are for those that simply want decent/repeatable espresso with push button convenience/minimal effort. Even the crazy expensive commercial super autos used by Charbux, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, etc. can't come close to a typical semi-auto machine/grinder and those things are in the $15-20,000 range.

I categorize semi-auto/manual as being quite similar as I've had both and the absolute best espresso from both are quite similar. Only real difference is one has a pump and the other a piston, but functionality is the same otherwise and both require a hands-on approach. The automated brewing systems in super autos are pretty lame in comparison regarding build quality, performance and longevity.
    Last edited by shadow745; 09-03-2019 at 02:25 AM.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Any blind test result yet or it's just your religious belief? Talking is cheap.
    Last edited by WhyCoffee; 09-03-2019 at 05:53 AM.

I'm far from religious, just been around espresso way more than most and know machines/grinders. I don't need a blind taste test to know super autos are among the most pathetic forms of espresso available. They have a place in the market, just don't expect anything great from any of them, plain and simple.

If talk is cheap I'd put my typical extraction against anything out there regardless of machine/grinder/roaster.

So your belief is based on religion, not test results/science. I don't argue with people about their religions.

Dude, you're fighting a losing argument so do me a favor and go play with that overpriced disposable toy 'espresso' machine and stop wasting my time.

Yes, arguing with people about their religion is a waste of time.

WhyCoffee... super autos fall down in two different areas - grind adjustment and milk frothing. First, most super auto machines simply do not have the ability to adjust grind size like a high-end grinder such as an EK or similar quality. Most high-end manual grinders are stepless and offer an unlimited ability to set the grind larger/smaller. Most super auto's have stepped grinder adjustment so there is a finite level of adjustment available. Obviously grind size affects not only the flow of the shot but has a significant impact on taste. Secondly, most of the super autos base milk frothing off of temperature - it has no ability to sense the 'quality' of the microfoam of the milk. A properly steamed milk will add a touch of sweetness and improve the mouthfeel/texture of the milk - this is something a super auto simply can't do. Super autos have a place in the market - they are the k-cup of the world for espresso. However, a trained barista on quality equipment will outperform any super auto machine.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links