Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    Poppers are decent for those starting out, but in their stock form the batch size is limited and most roast too fast which doesn't give much time to develop deep flavor/texture in the coffee. ..
    Yes, this is also what I have experienced. air pop roasts just too fast. In your opinion, regular person, not like us, would notice the differences in flavor between air popcorn popper vs regular roaster?

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    Yes, this is also what I have experienced. air pop roasts just too fast. In your opinion, regular person, not like us, would notice the differences in flavor between air popcorn popper vs regular roaster?
    The 'average' coffee consumer that is fine with drip, press, etc. likely would think a batch from a popper would be awesome/fresh, etc., but I've had a lot of artisan roasted coffees over the years and know exactly what I want from every batch I roast as espresso magnifies any unique notes or flaws. Popper batches are totally fine for most people, I just wanted something to give much more flavor depth/texture and now I have that. As I have mentioned, I also strongly prefer dry processed coffees as they give the bold/murky type notes and texture I shoot for. Washed coffees, especially those from a popper, are just too thin, light and clean for me.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links