How many of you like espresso machine coffee more than hand-made coffee ?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I'm a fan of simplistic/hand made... I fly around the world to hand pick my coffee right from the tree, process it then let it dry to an optimum level in the natural sun, then I bring it home to roast each bean individually with a 20x magnifying glass followed by letting it age exactly 8 days, then I hand grind in a mortar/pestle hand made by a Tibetan monk friend of mine followed by extracting exactly 1.25 oz. of espresso from a 19.2 gram puck... on a manual lever machine of course. To power the heating element I ride a stationary bike for 20 mins. per double extracted. Is that manually involved or what?!?

j_monika

Oct 15, 2019
USA
Visit site
I like coffee and am moderately picky, but not on the connoisseur level. And sometimes so-called "handmade coffee" could be even worse than a "machine-made" cup, so it depends... I love chemix (like, really), but I'm just way too lazy to use it on daily basis, and that's why it's nice to have a decent coffee machine at home.

DkCreative

Oct 16, 2019
Canada
Visit site
I personally love the feeling of making a hand-made espresso. It is how I grew up and stuck with me. More enjoyable but everyone has their own preference. Gotta find yours!