Bonavita, off brand basket an carafe?

NewToBeans

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
The Bonavita 5 cup is the best quick coffee I'v tried yet (I normally use the french press). But the carafe and basket has too much plastic. I'm trying to find a replacement carafe and basket that totals in height at 8inches or less.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Edit: I know the glass carafe for bonavita, but was hoping for all stainless steel...

Last edited:

CoffeeCRNA

Oct 23, 2019
Visit site
I really like my 8 cup too but have been looking for a higher quality replacement due to my lid leaking on the carafe. My thought for you was a size 3 v60 and a stainless 800 ml hario carafe, but the combo looks to be too tall and the lid on the carafe is still plastic. On my 8 cup I’ve decided to go with an 8 cup chemex as my basket and carafe and then I’m just going to decanter it in to my kleen Kanteen tk pro thermos. Unfortunately the chemex’s are too tall for the 5 cup brewer and you didn’t want glass. That particular setup though is completely plastic free except for the brewer. So if you wanted to go with the 8 cup machine and a 6 cup or 8 cup chemex, that’s an option. Or you could get a ratio 8 with thermal carafe setup which I believe is completely plastic free, but for over 600 bucks.... sorry, I probably didn’t help.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I really like my 8 cup too but have been looking for a higher quality replacement due to my lid leaking on the carafe. My thought for you was a size 3 v60 and a stainless 800 ml hario carafe, but the combo looks to be too tall and the lid on the carafe is still plastic. On my 8 cup I’ve decided to go with an 8 cup chemex as my basket and carafe and then I’m just going to decanter it in to my kleen Kanteen tk pro thermos. Unfortunately the chemex’s are too tall for the 5 cup brewer and you didn’t want glass. That particular setup though is completely plastic free except for the brewer. So if you wanted to go with the 8 cup machine and a 6 cup or 8 cup chemex, that’s an option. Or you could get a ratio 8 with thermal carafe setup which I believe is completely plastic free, but for over 600 bucks.... sorry, I probably didn’t help.

Minor side note... the newer versions of the 8 cup have an attached filter basket - the older versions (and I think its still available) you can the Chemex solution.