BIC

Can you develop a personal relationship with a "self-heating Smart Coffee mug"?

I am a coffee mug guy. I must have .... over 20 different coffee mugs, different colors, sizes, shapes and for specific types of coffee that I am making. As example, when I make aeropress, I always use a mug with a "lip" on top, so it won't spill over when I press aeropress. (specially early in the morning, around 4am, my hand-eye coordination isn't something to be proud of...)

then, it comes "Ember Smart Mug" that can control coffee temperature by your phone app. by bluetooth.
    It is not cheap. about $100 each. but can you imagine..when you buy this mug, you have to download firmware into the Cup?!
    What a world we are living in, right?

Anyway, it seems like this Ember is having quite a bit of success.
    for me, it is not the price or the firmware updates... just I do not want to stuck with one type of coffee mug .. until the firmware gets a mind of his own and decide to short-circuit the mug, along with the coffee flowing down into my throat.

anyway, has anyone used this before?
    Do you have any special coffee mug that you are in love with?
    Mr.Peaberry once told us long time ago that he used to have his favorite cup for a long time until finally it was broken... so did his heart, according to him.

so what do you think of having a coffee mug that downloads firmware to operate?
    I think it is too much science and convenience and we all should stick to simple, good coffee with your favorite mug that easily buy off 99cent stores.

Super Moderator
    I'm guessing that the Ember Smart Mug cannot be washed the dishwasher (or in the sink).

Unfortunately, there are plenty of people in this world who have money to burn. They'll spend it on the latest and the greatest gadget or extravagance - just because they can.

I predict that the $100 Smart Mug will be selling on Amazon for $19.99 in a couple of years. Or we will see it on a TV informercial for a buy one- get a second one free - for the cost of shipping.

~ Rose

I'm definitely not a fan of most 'smart' products as most are actually for dummies. For example, look at a smart watch. Most have to tether to your cell phone to be somewhat useful (surely there are exceptions) and then they have pathetic battery life. What's smart about things of that nature? Same with the coffee mug... of course some will just have to have it, but IMBHO they clearly have more $ than common sense.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    I'm definitely not a fan of most 'smart' products as most are actually for dummies. For example, look at a smart watch. Most have to tether to your cell phone to be somewhat useful (surely there are exceptions) and then they have pathetic battery life. What's smart about things of that nature? Same with the coffee mug... of course some will just have to have it, but IMBHO they clearly have more $ than common sense.
    +1

.......just what are you doing with this coffee mug that you love???

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    .......just what are you doing with this coffee mug that you love???
    drink the coffee you love....

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links