Too Good To Be True ???

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
So the past couple of days I’ve seen ads on Facebook for a Niche Zero for an utterly insane price. The first ad was yearlychoices.com and today’s ad is besttbuy.com. Notice the extra T. Has anyone actually tried buying off of these sites? I’m guessing it’s a scam?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
SCAM... I've seen a couple of those pop-up recently... A different forum group posted one that put up a whole ecommerce site... EK43's for $1200 (retail around $2500)

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I figured, but this little man sitting way in the back of my brain was just hoping it was true. A $35 price for a $640 item. As they say, "If it seems too good to be true, it usually is."

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I don't think your the only one... Niche put out a statement on their FB page "We have recently noticed a couple of scam sites advertising the Niche Zero at highly discounted prices. If you are not purchasing directly from our site, please check with us first and report the advert/website when possible. We always encourage you to order directly from us so we can provide you the best service possible and ensure you receive your grinders."

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
This time of year you see more of this stuff, people in a frenzy waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday hoping to get a jump on things are easy targets.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I think you can’t give a definite answer

No, I think I did get a definite answer. It's a scam. There is no way that you could possibly purchase a $640 quality coffee grinder for $35. But if you think that there is some possibility that it isn't a scam, why not just put in your order for one and see what happens?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I wouldn't care for a NZ grinder as I'm not into single dosing and can't stand the design, especially the wood accents. Having said that, even the OEM burrs in a NZ are much more costly than $35. If anybody with any sense of judgment thinks something like this might be even remotely possible they need a reality check. This sort of what I call B.S. spam/scam advertising gets old. Awhile back I was looking at a device that's quite important and typical realistic price was in the $170-225 range and of course some dinky Chinese type ad pops us claiming to have the same thing for like $65. Of course estimated arrival was 4-6 weeks, a Google check of their site proved it's ridiculous in nature and far from trustworthy. How some in this world get away with scamming people is beyond me and gets old.

CafeLast

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
I would stay away. Unfortunately, there are some bad apples out there trying to take advantage of people. If it is too good to be true, it is!