Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    yes, I also completely agree with you.
    and YES!!! i have seen Wall-e and i feel exactly the same as you do.

I will give you an example. when I visit a local elementary school here in L.A., about 60% of kids are overweight. and about 20% are obese (like Wall-e people)
    but when I visit my NGO sponsorship school (6 to 12 years old with 100 kids in that small school) in Guatemala, I could only find two kids, but bit overweight. 2 out of 100 kids. that is all. Yes. we certainly have some serious problem here.....

By the way, you and I are exactly at same age. we both were born in 1962... yep... getting really old....
    by the way, I highly doubt that P.Rose would do that. because your point is very very valid and reasonable.
    Ah yes. 1962 was a VERY good year. Great minds, and birthdays, think alike.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    Ah yes. 1962 was a VERY good year. Great minds, and birthdays, think alike.
    ha ha ha. yes, I also have to agree at this time.
    speaking of good year, let me tell everyone a joke.

what is difference between 500 used tires and 500 used condoms?
    one is A GOOD YEAR, and the other is A GREAT YEAR! ha ha ha.

yes, I also completely agree with you.
    and YES!!! i have seen Wall-e and i feel exactly the same as you do.

I will give you an example. when I visit a local elementary school here in L.A., about 60% of kids are overweight. and about 20% are obese (like Wall-e people)
    but when I visit my NGO sponsorship school (6 to 12 years old with 100 kids in that small school) in Guatemala, I could only find two kids, but bit overweight. 2 out of 100 kids. that is all. Yes. we certainly have some serious problem here.....

By the way, you and I are exactly at same age. we both were born in 1962... yep... getting really old....
    by the way, I highly doubt that P.Rose would do that. because your point is very very valid and reasonable.
    Wait. How do you know what year I was born? It's not in my profile.

Wait. How do you know what year I was born? It's not in my profile.
    Duh. It's in my screen name. I'm an idiot.

BIC
    Duh. It's in my screen name. I'm an idiot.
    another YEP! again, I have to agree with you on that, ha ha ha.
    just kidding. have a good night wherever you are at.

Super Moderator
    P.Rose. I have noticed that you do not say "please do not send your replies via Tapatalk" anymore.... I wonder why....
    Ha Ha old friend,

You are very observant and you seem to know how I operate....

I sent him a private message yesterday. He replied and said that he took care of removing the Tapatalk signature line. Done and Done !

~ Rose

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Ha Ha old friend,

You are very observant and you seem to know how I operate....

I sent him a private message yesterday. He replied and said that he took care of removing the Tapatalk signature line. Done and Done !

~ Rose
    YES, yes, yes. more discrete and professional!!!! Awesome, P.Rose. ;+)

Super Moderator
    P.Rose. I have noticed that you do not say "please do not send your replies via Tapatalk" anymore.... I wonder why....
    Using Tapatalk on this Forum is okay....but as we've discovered, Tapatalk is very sneaky. It adds the Tapatalk advertising signature line at the bottom of a person's posts on this Forum. Most people don't even know it's there.

It is very easy to go into the Tapatalk settings and turn off their signature line. After that, all is well - until the person buys a new phone, and starts to use Tapatalk. Then they have to turn off the signature line again. Yup...Tapatalk is very sneaky.

~ Rose

Super Moderator
    I don't think that people doing research on their own, at least initially, would cause these kinds of forums to cease to exist. Quite the contrary. If the OP had done some initial research and maybe provided some of the results of their efforts, that would actually stir up some very interesting discussion. But to just ask the open ended question without showing any evidence of putting some thought into the subject matter, it makes it an empty post. Call me critical but I've noticed the same thing on my neighborhood Facebook page. People just post questions whose answers are readily available with very little effort. But because there is this "neighborhood" page, they get lazy and just ask the most stupid and inane questions. And as it relates to this post, in addition to his not saying what KIND of machine he's talking about, we don't even know the context for his question. At first I thought it might be a language barrier thing but computers can translate from one language to another very very easily. So that's not it. I think people are getting lazier and lazier. Ever seen the movie WALL-E? All the people on that space ship who can no longer walk because they've been having everything done for them for so long? That's where we're headed. And as I get older, approaching 60, I have less and less patience for what I consider laziness. And I'm getting more ornery, as you can see. I will say that first pic you posted is pretty insane. Anyway. I'll shut up now before Ms. PinkRose bans me from the site altogether. For what it's worth, I'm not trying to be mean spirited. Just trying to get the OP to think a little bit.
    Hello MntnMan62,

Nope...No worries.....I'm not hitting the ban button today.

I think you wrote what most of us have already been thinking.

I hope you'll hang around the Coffee Forum, and keep on participating in the discussions.

~ Rose

Interesting that we haven't heard back from the OP. She joins the site and creates this thread, and then nothing. Either I've scared her away or everything I said was true. Or both.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links