Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    Could very well be that the lemon offsets what could possibly be very bitter coffee they are used to. Same as when some put salt in soda to reduce carbonation, etc.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. As a lover of good coffee I would never adulterate my coffee with anything other than milk. If someone feels the need to put lemon in their coffee, either they don't like coffee or they are trying to cover something up that doesn't taste good. I suppose someone might say the same of milk, especially someone who drinks their coffee black. But I find the skim milk that I use melds and enhances the taste of the coffee ever so slightly. Anyway. I don't have a monopoly on how to drink coffee so if someone wants to put lemons of pineapples in their coffee, I guess that's their prerogative.
    Last edited by MntnMan62; 12-18-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth. As a lover of good coffee I would never adulterate my coffee with anything other than milk. If someone feels the need to put lemon in their coffee, either they don't like coffee or they are trying to cover something up that doesn't taste good. I suppose someone might say the same of milk, especially someone who drinks their coffee black. But I find the skim milk that I use melds and enhances the taste of the coffee ever so slightly. Anyway. I don't have a monopoly on how to drink coffee so if someone wants to put lemons of pineapples in their coffee, I guess that's their prerogative.
    The next time someone asks me to put lemon slices in their coffee, I'll make a point to watch and see if they add milk and sugar to it, too.

Some coffees naturally have subtle citric notes in the flavor - I wonder if people use the lemon slices to add a citric tang to whatever coffee they're drinking.

Super Moderator
    Fine dining used to serve espresso with a lemon rind. It was said to take away from bitterness. People would rim their demi. I haven't seen it in a while...maybe because coffee has improved over the years?
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Fine dining used to serve espresso with a lemon rind. It was said to take away from bitterness. People would rim their demi. I haven't seen it in a while...maybe because coffee has improved over the years?
    You are so correct. I can't believe I didn't remember that. I used to serve so called "espresso" in those glorified pour over thingies for each person who ordered it and I would put down a small espresso cup and a lemon rind back in the 80's when I was a waiter in my college days. How could I forget that? I stand corrected. Now I know I'm getting old. My memory is going.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links