Help Please: Problem Cleaning a Bunn A10

JimR

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
We have a Bunn A10 coffee maker that we’ve been using daily for about 10 years. Lately the coffee has been tasting off, maybe old or burnt. Always use Bunn filters and haven’t changed anything else.

I used the included spring to descale but there isn’t any visible buildup. Ran a packet of Urnex through and it didn’t make a difference, came out mostly clean. Tried vinegar and flushed it through as well, but no luck.

Any ideas how to clean it or what might be wrong? Possibly the temp might be low as it measured 180F?

thank you

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
FWIW 10 years of daily use is quite impressive. How did you measure the temp? What do you use to clean the filter basket, carafe, etc.? For parts like that I'd soak them in diluted Cafiza as that will safely get rid of anything coffee related and rinses well with no after taste/smell.

MaryBlen

Mar 30, 2021
Visit site
We have a Bunn A10 coffee maker that we’ve been using daily for about 10 years. Lately the coffee has been tasting off, maybe old or burnt. Always use Bunn filters and haven’t changed anything else.

I used the included spring to descale but there isn’t any visible buildup. Ran a packet of Urnex through and it didn’t make a difference, came out mostly clean. Tried vinegar and flushed it through as well, but no luck.
As for me, you can, certainly, try to clean the coffee maker on your own and may be even harm it. But the best choice for me is to take it to the professional cleaning store. Or simply ask your household, cleaning company you work with yo make it clean when they visit you the next time. Unfortunately, today it is a great problem to find the reliable person or company to do it. That is the reason I appreciate the one I have in my shortlist so.

Last edited: