Keurig duo plus carafe holding water?

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
The water should be draining down into the carafe or mug if using the single cup side. Obviously something is preventing the water from draining out. Good thing you did the cleansing cycle and didn't try brewing coffee. You'd have a real mess on your hands and would have wasted all that coffee.

anonemis

Nov 20, 2018
Visit site
keurig.jpgThis is how it looks after I completed a cleansing brew cycle in the carafe. Water still sitting in the basket filled to the top.

anonemis

Nov 20, 2018
Visit site
I get it. Was there any water in the carafe? Did some make it into the carafe with this amount staying in the basket?
Yes I ran the carafe cleansing cycle 8 cup and the carafe was filled. After the carafe filled and I pulled this open I noticed it.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Yes I ran the carafe cleansing cycle 8 cup and the carafe was filled. After the carafe filled and I pulled this open I noticed it.

In that case, if the carafe was full, maybe your machine has an overflow prevention device of some sort that keeps the water in the basket? I don't know this. Just talking out loud. Have you opened the manual and read it? Maybe this kind of thing is discussed there? You really haven't provided us with much in the way of information with which to give you meaningful suggestions.

anonemis

Nov 20, 2018
Visit site
In that case, if the carafe was full, maybe your machine has an overflow prevention device of some sort that keeps the water in the basket? I don't know this. Just talking out loud. Have you opened the manual and read it? Maybe this kind of thing is discussed there? You really haven't provided us with much in the way of information with which to give you meaningful suggestions.
I followed the instructions what to do when first received on set up and cleansing cycle before making first cup. No mention of anything blocking it.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Ok. Have you contacted Keurig? There is a whole support section on their website. Assuming its a new unit and under warranty, they should be able to either resolve your problem or arrange to get you one that works.

anonemis

Nov 20, 2018
Visit site
I think I figured it out. It didn't mention it but the carafe has a knob on the lid that I think needs to stay on when making a "carafe" instead of opening it to fill the carafe. I noticed this knob allows the filter water to come through. I already contacted Keurig. It would have been nice to mention keep top to carafe on when making a "pot" Thanks for the guidance.